Yves Bissouma

Corleone

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't believe Gregg has any sources at the club but I believe some of his colleagues at the Athletic do who may feed him information from time to time. 

But other Athletic reporters wouldn't be aware of our intentions. They may understand Brighton and Ornstein has a good relationship with Arsenal if he thinks they're likely to make a bid or more likely to win Bissouma's signature.

But that doesn't cover our clubs intentions and who is on our list.

Edited by HalfTimePost

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As for Bissouma I think we enquired on January and that was it. After Purslow snide comments joke or not about him to fans at Brighton I think it was never on

The player himself I feel is overrated and expect him to flop elsewhere. He will join the VT hall of fame with Leroy Fer, Philip Billing and that ginger guy from Brentford who would instantly walk into our midfield but in reality achieved nothing 

What was this?

(also add in Benni McCarthy to the list)

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

But other Athletic reporters wouldn't be aware of our intentions. They may understand Brighton and Ornstein has a good relationship with Arsenal. But that doesn't cover our clubs intentions and who is on our list.

Between all the reporters you can join the dots… if the  Phillips and Bissouma deals are on elsewhere, that must mean Villa have to look for someone else  

Edited by CarryOnVilla

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

But other Athletic reporters wouldn't be aware of our intentions. They may understand Brighton and Ornstein has a good relationship with Arsenal if he thinks they're likely to make a bid or more likely to win Bissouma's signature.

But that doesn't cover our clubs intentions and who is on our list.

Bardell probably has more sources at Villa than Evans

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Who are the most reliable journalist for us these days anyway?

Tom Collomosse and Percy still maybe?

It seems like more of the journalist that are based abroad have more of a scoop on us these days...

Julie B

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

At some point we have to add Gregg Evans to the source blacklist

He's somebody's son....bless him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Who are the most reliable journalist for us these days anyway?

Tom Collomosse and Percy still maybe?

It seems like more of the journalist that are based abroad have more of a scoop on us these days...

Football Insider 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Football Insider 

I spoke to Matt Kendrick at the 40th Anniversary do with the Cornwall Lions recently and I asked him who could be trusted to have real information about Villa

He told me that Villa give virtually nothing away and no-one with the exception of Percy have any idea what they are planning. Percy is fed some info sometimes

and others copy what he says. So guys the answer is clear believe Percy and no-one else

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

So within a hour or so Gregg has said we aren't interested and Bham Mail have said he's still top of the list lol no one has a clue at this point

That Preece quote about him being top of the list is from an almost 2 week old article (here)

• Thanks 1

Once Kamara signed I didn't really see a Bissouma type as a priority to be honest, unless we were to start playing a 4-2-3-1, which while I like the idea of it doesn’t appear to be the case. Despite the clamour for him to play as an 8 he's very much the deepest-lying midfielder for Brighton and generally does the same job that Kamara does except seemingly without the capacity (or responsibility at least) to pass the ball forward. 

Feel like he'll definitely move and be a good signing for whoever it is but at the same time there's a lot of players our there more suited to Villa's needs 

• Like 1

Â