Yves Bissouma

Corleone

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

What I’ve learned today. 

1. If we sell/loan Matt Target to Newcastle they will avoid relegation. 

2. Next season Newcastle will slap £5 billion on the table and the PL will award them the title by the end of August. Followed by NSWE embracing their inner Lerner, giving up and selling the club to Carson Young  

3. Brighton are so powerful they will make us pay £300 million for Yves Bissouma, as they have assassinated every other DM in the world. 

4. If we don’t get Bissouma we will be relegated and end up in the 4th division in a couple of years time. 

I think that covers most of it. Did I mention our shirt sponsor next season is  Woolworths and the first team kit is royal blue, the second kit red, with the third being dark blue and white stripes. 

Just to add SG is off to Liverpool tomorrow and Purslow has got Barry Fry line up as his successor. 

Exciting times ahead then!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m probably missing something obvious, but what’s the relevance of it? (The tweet)

This is an 'itk' (I know, I know) who has a semi decent track record calling the likes of barkley and martinez to villa

(Brighton fans were laughing saying Bissouma would never move to villa so the implication is that something is happening with regards to Bissouma)

Edited by MSvillain

Honestly I may be in the minority but I really do not care if we sign him today or look for him or different options in the summer. This season is pretty much finished,  no cups to play for, team easily good enough to finish between 7-12th place, but also far behind Top 6 to really realistically challenge, I don't think he'd be the difference either way immediately. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alakagom said:

Honestly I may be in the minority but I really do not care if we sign him today or look for him or different options in the summer. This season is pretty much finished,  no cups to play for, team easily good enough to finish between 7-12th place, but also far behind Top 6 to really realistically challenge, I don't think he'd be the difference either way immediately. 

Agree with this. The only reason we should try to get him in today is that there will be more clubs interested in the summer when he will have 12 month's left on his deal.

For example, Newcastle could just lump £200k / week at him and it won't be something we can / or should compete with.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

There's a huge difference between finishing 7th and 12th when it comes to our progress, showing the club is on the up, and our future transfers and plans. And isn't 7th probably good enough for a European spot? (I don't actually know)

• Like 1

We know we aren't gonna come back in late for him. We don't do those last minute deals when we are the weaker party to the negotiations. It seems Gerrard has probably aid he's happy going with the midfield we have right now vs over paying for a player instead. Go tie Dougie down to a deal and then we'll revisit the midfield in summer.

We've essentially no chance of signing Bissouma now though. He will go to a bigger club in summer once the fee is lower

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think there'd be reports by now if it was happening. 

I've got no issues waiting for the summer.

Personally, i think now is the only chance we have of ding the deal.

If we wait until the summer, i would imagine he will have many suitors, with many of those being quite a bit above us in the pecking order.

Just my opinion tho.

Â