Yves Bissouma

Corleone

Brighton have a policy where they will let anyone leave who wants to leave, they stated so when they announced that they were allowing Ashworth to have talks with Newcastle, and it's why they've let Burn go to Newcastle despite him being a first team player for them.

If we bid enough then they will let Bissouma go, will be a choice of them either getting a bigger fee for him now, or letting him go for cheaper in the summer, and it's not as if him staying or going is going to make a big differenc to their season, they will be mid table either way.

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Leaving it a bit late to reignite our interest.

Can't see Brighton selling him now, and I can't see us signing him in the summer as the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd will be sniffing around.

Why would Liverpool and Man United not get involved now if we went for him this window? 

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I wonder if we need a few extra million to play with in FFP to hit Brighton's asking price. It could explain potentially loaning Targett out.

I also wonder if targett becomes an obligation to buy for newcastle then we can account for the profit this year

Just now, MSvillain said:

I also wonder if targett becomes an obligation to buy for newcastle then we can account for the profit this year

I'd assume we could if the previous and upcoming summer windows are calculated together.

I can't for the life of me remember which two years they were treating as one due to covid.

I see this as a huge moment for us as a club. If we go £40 mil for him and get him in today it's absolutely huge for us. We would then be nit picking at CF or RB where we might be better. Squad would be brilliant.

If we fail to get him this month it's done he will sign for a bigger club in summer. I still don't understand why the player would join us today. Waiting until summer is the best thing for him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Brighton have a policy where they will let anyone leave who wants to leave, they stated so when they announced that they were allowing Ashworth to have talks with Newcastle, and it's why they've let Burn go to Newcastle despite him being a first team player for them.

If we bid enough then they will let Bissouma go, will be a choice of them either getting a bigger fee for him now, or letting him go for cheaper in the summer, and it's not as if him staying or going is going to make a big differenc to their season, they will be mid table either way.

You’re forgetting a very important factor..

Brighton can decide to ‘let him go’ as much as they want but he would need to decide that he wants to join us.

Maybe he has decided he wants to join a champions league team?  Maybe he’s happy biding his time until one is ready to offer him something?

That Rodrigo fella (and the most likely the Alvarez situation if we did indeed bid) has already shown that if the player isn’t interested, then he isn’t interested - doesn’t matter how big the owners dicks are.

Brighton will have a fee in mind.  The player may have a different destination in mind.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Burn is a diehard Newcastle fan so thats why they have let him go

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I see this as a huge moment for us as a club. If we go £40 mil for him and get him in today it's absolutely huge for us. We would then be nit picking at CF or RB where we might be better. Squad would be brilliant.

If we fail to get him this month it's done he will sign for a bigger club in summer. I still don't understand why the player would join us today. Waiting until summer is the best thing for him.

Yeah this would make summer be more about, maybe 2 BIG signings, instead of multiple.

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Why would Liverpool and Man United not get involved now if we went for him this window? 

They might. On the other hand they might not want to pay his asking price, or feel that they can get better for cheaper in the summer.

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I hope that means we can buy him now at least and he's back to Brighton until summer. As if we wait until Summer he won't join us. 

I’d be okay with that, buy now and loan him back until the summer. It’s not ideal but it would stop someone else coming in for him. 

I dunno, I’d be very (happily) surprised if this happens today. 

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

They might. On the other hand they might not want to pay his asking price, or feel that they can get better for cheaper in the summer.

Also what we should be doing 

Â