Yves Bissouma

Corleone

19 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

This is where i do get frustrated. if and it is a big if Brighton want to sell him then we need to look at our transfer business as a whole. 

We got Emi at well under his true value from Arse for 17 mill. If we were to sell him now it would be a number beginning with 5 . 

Midfield is where we have spent so so little. This is a time when you overpay to get the right player in place . Some of us agree and some disagree that he is the solution we need  , but pretty much all of us agree that we will not get him in the summer as others who can offer European football will jump in.  Our current midfield players cost a total of £42 million .time to act big as well as talk big 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

@a m ole this you ?

Haha, absolutely not. Funny thing is my username was from a time when I actually had really close access to a few players, so was intended to be a bit of a joke ITK. I called Gary Gardener’s new contract, something to do with Mulumbu and then I got Ryan Bertrand’s next move wrong because he was supposed to be moving to Everton then Southampton took him. 😂

As you can see, being an ITK or giving the information is pretty pointless and I don’t get why people, including the actual journalists that gossip, indulge. Hey Gggrig Evans, no one cares if you had an exclusive that everyone knows about 15 minutes later because the club did a press conference. Just go to the press conference and report the facts you clown. Same with these Twitter ITKs.

The problem is, once a name gets in your head like Bentancur, it’s hard to not imagine them in the squad. This gossip shit needs to stop, that thread had more pages then many of our current players. Sometimes that happens when there’s no truth to the rumour.

Edited by a m ole
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is where i do get frustrated. if and it is a big if Brighton want to sell him then we need to look at our transfer business as a whole. 

We got Emi at well under his true value from Arse for 17 mill. If we were to sell him now it would be a number beginning with 5 . 

Midfield is where we have spent so so little. This is a time when you overpay to get the right player in place . Some of us agree and some disagree that he is the solution we need  , but pretty much all of us agree that we will not get him in the summer as others who can offer European football will jump in.  Our current midfield players cost a total of £42 million .time to act big as well as talk big 

tbf though to sign any of our starting midfielders you'd be paying 30m+. Sanson and Nakamba would be over 10m to sign too

11 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Great point!

Not that I want us to sell mcginn or we are even thinking about it but his price increase alone covers the Bissouma fee 

7 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Great point!

Not that I want us to sell mcginn or we are even thinking about it but his price increase alone covers the Bissouma fee 

I also think that we are going to have at least 4 homegrown midfielders in the squad within 18 months . This in my mind allows us to spend the extra to get who we want maybe ? 

Spurs no longer interested as have gone for Bentancur. United will surely wait for new manager in summer before splashing big chase this window as their current squad is capable of getting 4th. So it's now or never for us. We are too fixated on getting the right value for a player rather than seeing the one or two times you need to push the boat out and we "lose" in the tussle with the selling club.

We know we are more used to walking away from deals than getting them done so sadly this one won't happen. 

• Like 1

Â