Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

When the team is cooking, he’s cooking. He can’t do much when our entire game is get the ball at the back, hoof it and lose it. Anyone in front of Mings is nullified by our totally shit midfield. 

33 minutes ago, Spoony said:

When the team is cooking, he’s cooking. He can’t do much when our entire game is get the ball at the back, hoof it and lose it. Anyone in front of Mings is nullified by our totally shit midfield. 

A lot of truth here. 

If we can sign two new midfielders to sit in front of the back 4, we’ll see some real quality from Coutinho and Buendia. 

16 hours ago, MaVilla said:

he struggled to get in to the game because half of our team couldnt pass the ball 5 yards if their lives depended on it, its a recurring theme and has been for most of our time back in the PL.

No point in having a world class player if the rest of the team have jelly for feet.

Dropping the midfielder that usually gives him the ball didn't really help things

• Like 2

Concern for me is that Gerrard seems to be turning him into a new Grealish for us. Everything has to go through him at the expense of other areas of attack.

When he went off we looked a lot more threatening because he wasn't having a great game and we were a lot less predictable. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Concern for me is that Gerrard seems to be turning him into a new Grealish for us. Everything has to go through him at the expense of other areas of attack.

When he went off we looked a lot more threatening because he wasn't having a great game and we were a lot less predictable. 

Yeah this is something ive noticed too. You have players like bailey who can do some dangerous stuff same eith buendia but he seems to be turning him into the new grealish

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

If Gerrard going means Coutinho won't sign for us then i'm happy to take the hit.

Could be a face saving way out for everyone. Gerrard quits by mutual consent - saying the club doesn't match his ambitions. Purslow off the hook for a shocking head coach appointment.

Yeah Coutinho ran the show in the first-half.

You could clearly see his disgust in some other players around him though as they are just way off his vision and reading of the game.

Coutinho and Ramsey link up rather well I thought, especially first-half.

• Like 1

i just hope it goes something like.....

"Couts mate i have 200m to spend in the summer and i want you to be the first 33m of it, we will bring in some top players to play with you Couts.....yeaaaaah course!".

45 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Quality player but we need to sort out if he's here next season or not.

Yes, if he's not going to sign, he should sit and let Buendia get some playing time. Coutinho isn't leading us into the Europa League this season. So if he's just a hired gun for the next seven games, just use him as a sub. 

Thought he was quality first half, all our good moves came through him and he was finding pockets of space effortlessly.

Does feel poor planning given Gerrard is now deciding him and Buendia on pitch at same time can't work if he isn't going to stay. 

Â