Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Not sure this is at all relevant to the Coutinho thread but I must say when you launch a theme that puts Ross Barkley and Jack Grealish in the same category, I am mighty confused. Also you don’t want to see a player like Grealish at the club? OK, I think I will sit this one out.

He had a crap attitude at times sulking when subbed in a game we were winning talking about moves away from the club, his off the field behaviour , don’t get me wrong the way he conducted him self durning his move was excellent but we all chose to ignore his flaws because of his talent. The refreshing part about our club is now nobody stands out as that individual star it’s about the team. So no I don’t want to see an individual that we rely heavily upon who enjoys the show being all about him at the club again.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

He had a crap attitude at times sulking when subbed in a game we were winning talking about moves away from the club, his off the field behaviour , don’t get me wrong the way he conducted him self durning his move was excellent but we all chose to ignore his flaws because of his talent. The refreshing part about our club is now nobody stands out as that individual star it’s about the team. So no I don’t want to see an individual that we rely heavily upon who enjoys the show being all about him at the club again.

i will not tolerate this slander. especially in the Coutinho thread

a young man did his all the lift AVFC up and I for one believe he succeeded. On many occasions , some when it mattered most, he took the responsibility and did it almost all by himself.

he had flaws and ultimately had his head turned - i can't even begin to imagine what being in his shoes would have been like so i don't judge

i think you are dead wrong to imply this team wouldn't be better for his talent and character 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If Emery can’t get the best out of him it means Emery has other plans, surely Coutihno at even 70% will be a very decent asset. 

Given the team structure around him to allow him to create he will be a very useful option. This ‘short passing/close control in tight spaces looking for the runners in space ‘ way we play would suit him down to the ground? He is surely one of the best on paper in the squad for how we now play, as is why Kamara looks so good.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Not really a fan of doing business with them but if we can get a deal for Coutinho to join Ronaldo (and potentially Mourinho, Messi and so on) in Saudi Arabia I think it's a deal we should take.

Sure confidence is a big part of his struggles but I do think he is way past his best.

Is he still in around the squad - going to watch matches/ on team coaches etc?

or is he off rehabbing somewhere?

really hope it’s the former and he is still an integral part of the setup because who wouldn’t want to join in that sort of team spirit and camaraderie 

I do have a theory that he is the kind of footballer who plays better in a better team - one with structure where he knows where players will be at any given time. We are a better team now so we may see the best of him when he comes back 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gotta agree 

Bert, Coutinho and Emi in full flow in the same team is potentially bamboozling.

I think for the most part we'd be picking one of those three - presuming you're going Luiz/Kamara/Ramsey/McGinn and Watkins?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anything11 said:

i will not tolerate this slander. especially in the Coutinho thread

a young man did his all the lift AVFC up and I for one believe he succeeded. On many occasions , some when it mattered most, he took the responsibility and did it almost all by himself.

he had flaws and ultimately had his head turned - i can't even begin to imagine what being in his shoes would have been like so i don't judge

i think you are dead wrong to imply this team wouldn't be better for his talent and character 

Totally agree here. Grealish was and still is a devastatingly talented player and you would be mad not to want him in your team. A strong manager like Guardiola has retrained him to fit well with the Man City system and is reaping the benefits big time.

At Villa he played under rather weaker managers who placed a lot of onus on him to deliver results for a team that always looked a bit lost without him.

I have to say I don’t really remember him sulking when being subbed, although like any player who knew how much the manager and team were depending on him, I am sure he was disappointed when that happened.

I am sorry we never saw how Grealish might have played under a stronger manager like Emery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

If Emery can’t get the best out of him it means Emery has other plans, surely Coutihno at even 70% will be a very decent asset. 

Given the team structure around him to allow him to create he will be a very useful option. This ‘short passing/close control in tight spaces looking for the runners in space ‘ way we play would suit him down to the ground? He is surely one of the best on paper in the squad for how we now play, as is why Kamara looks so good.

The other day I was watching BEIN Sports and in between our match they randomly had a montage of his best bits and goals at Liverpool.

The little man used to be a firecracker. Crazy how much power he was generating into shots for such a little bloke as well.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The other day I was watching BEIN Sports and in between our match they randomly had a montage of his best bits and goals at Liverpool.

The little man used to be a firecracker. Crazy how much power he was generating into shots for such a little bloke as well.

Indeed. He used to be one of my favourite players. Unfortunately he's not that level anymore.

• Like 1

The way we are playing now I think Coutinho could still have a part to play. He's tidy in possession and can create from nothing, it's my feeling, once he's fit he will play a big part for us, don't right this guy off yet . 

Edited by tinker
Don't know my right from write
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He has top ability, but he's done as a top player IMO.

Maybe you're saying he's done because you looking at a number(Age) rather than looking at his ability.
I dont think we should be writing him off yet, Emery can make him whole again. 
Adam Lallana is a good player for Brighton and he's like 4 years older than Coutinho. No reason Coutinho cant have the same impact for Villa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Maybe you're saying he's done because you looking at a number(Age) rather than looking at his ability.
I dont think we should be writing him off yet, Emery can make him whole again. 
Adam Lallana is a good player for Brighton and he's like 4 years older than Coutinho. No reason Coutinho cant have the same impact for Villa. 

I only think he's done because of his fit record. I think he's on his third injury since joining and I'm not sure he's ever completed 90 minutes. After every injury he takes 3-4 weeks to get back to speed. 

Would love to see Coutinho get another few run outs before going in the Summer.

If he can contribute like he did the time he came off the bench against United for his debut, don't think many of us would complain.

• Like 1

If it is still possible to get him to play to his ability, even if it's cameos off the bench, he's a match winner. The trouble is no-one has been able to get that out of him consistently since he left Liverpool.

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Would love to see Coutinho get another few run outs before going in the Summer.

If he can contribute like he did the time he came off the bench against United for his debut, don't think many of us would complain.

Be good to let him loose when we had a game in the bag to see if he's up for it, right now chucking him on to try and win a game would be a huge gamble

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If it is still possible to get him to play to his ability, even if it's cameos off the bench, he's a match winner. The trouble is no-one has been able to get that out of him consistently since he left Liverpool.

If Emery can't get a tune out of him, nobody can.

• Like 1

Â