Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, PaulC said:

He came on against tired players. Buendia scored and played his part and deserves ti keep hod place 

Apart from the goal Buendia was poor (again). Probably agree that it’s not enough to switch them up but Coutinho was better. If he keeps it up, he starts for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Apart from the goal Buendia was poor (again). Probably agree that it’s not enough to switch them up but Coutinho was better. If he keeps it up, he starts for me. 

The only player I thought was poor today was Bailey but OK opinions differ 

He was excellent when he came on. I think that super sub works best for him and Buendia. Little Phil could really be important when trying to break a team down or trying to hit teams on the break. Good to see.

• Like 1

Looks doubtful McGinn and Luiz will both play against Wolves. If not, I’d like to see Coutinho pushed up behind Watkins and Bailey play wide in the 4. 

My opinion has never changed on Coutinho. He’s the best player at the club. It’s whether or not he wants to push himself - that’s the only thing holding him back.

• Like 3

Frankly I'm astounded anyone can write him off based on performances under the absolute fraud on a manager Gerrard was. 

Pretty much every single player now looks transformed under Emery. Coutinho hasn't really had his chance yet because of injury, but it will come. 

Let's wait and see eh? 

Looked absolute class today when he came on. 

• Like 3

Nice little cameo today, a few nice passes and got stuck in. Lets rememeber Coutiniho was also playing in a Gerrardball team and given the the ball in the right areas could bring out the best in him.

Edited by Oaks

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Apart from the goal Buendia was poor (again).

His flick to put Watkins 1 on 1 would have been the best assist of the season if Ollie had just finished it. But agree, not his best game. Hopefully the goal and a run in the team gives some confidence. And same confidence point for Coutinho who I think will be pleased with his own cameo today. 

Edited by Adam2003

Â