Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What makes everyone think they were "mates"

Knowing Coutinho gets the first conversation and that's about it. Gerrard is ...or was the manager. They aren't going to laserquest together.

From all the stories around Gerrard and Carragher I don't think any of them had football mates. 

Because when Coutinho arrived, Gerrard said they were. 

Edited by WallisFrizz
  • Like 1

Danks has been around this team long enough to know Coutinho should NEVER play away from home.

Watching him turn the ball over every time, then jog back like he's just run a marathon despite playing for no more than 10 minutes got my back up.

Don't even put him on the bench for away games - it's just a waste of a spot.

Just now, Pinebro said:

Unbelievable that we have given him a 4 year contract.

We are the worst run club in England

Everybody was very happy with his loan form and we also negotiated the fee downwards. It is unfair to have a pop at the club for this signing IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He come on when we was 4 nil today, and yet hes the one we are slaughtering?

Did you see anything good that Ings, Watkins or Buendia did today?.......thats £100m of transfers and about £300k per week

I know. Picking on a young player in PC trying to make his way in the game. These boys have been there and done it and played at a high level, much higher than PC. They should be leading my example. Scapegoating an inexperienced pup in Coutinho is just shameful.

• Confused 1

He looked like a little boy lost when he came on.  Clean slate starting next week but if Emery can’t get anything from him, then he needs to go in January or next summer.

His name alone will probably guarantee him a move somewhere I would have thought?

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

Everybody was very happy with his loan form and we also negotiated the fee downwards. It is unfair to have a pop at the club for this signing IMO.

I wasn't very happy with his loan form and was actually pretty annoyed when we made it permanent 

39 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Hopefully we can offload him to the MLS or Qatar, at his peak he was nothing more than decent and he's miles off that now. 

We won't get much for him.

Barca have 20% of any future fee.

Some of the comments in here are ridiculous. Yes he's bang is out of form and yes he's been very poor this season but he isnt sulking, storming down the tunnel, being petulant or anything else. He's trying his best. Do you think he wants to be out of form? He wont be going to the World Cup. Mentally, he's probably devastated with morale on the floor for both those reasons. But we've been total dogshit this season and creative players are always the ones who suffer the most in rubbish teams.

Emery is here and hopefully he will get the best out of him. He's only 30 and 30 these days is like 25 used to be. He isnt washed up, he showed glimpses of his talent last season. Rather than saying "ship him off to the China", we should be praying that he comes good because he can literally dominate a game when he's on it. The raging negativity about him and his contract isnt helping anything. We were celebrating when he signed a permanent deal so people need to stop pretending that it was a bad move. If he comes good, you will all about turn and start salivating over him.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 2

Â