Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

12 minutes ago, jim said:

I agree, let’s go back to the good old days of signing “young and hungry” cloggers from League One. 

Who's the best number 10 or Winger in the Championship right now? I'd have him over Coutinho

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who's the best number 10 or Winger in the Championship right now? I'd have him over Coutinho

That lad at Forest probably. He’d be more than £17m though I reckon.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Harry Wilson? Has the Liverplop connection too :D 

I've no idea, don't follow Championship football. But I suspect he'd cost more than Coutinho atm, wages  not included.

Strange signing really. I'm not convinced we really need him, but I think signing him is going to be a good thing for us overall. Even if he is past his best, its a clear sign of intent and gives an indication of where we're trying to get to. Interested to see who else we bring in over the summer, and think we might be surprised by one or two who leave 

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Welp, doesn't matter how much people moan any more then.

" Insert it's happening/happened Gif here. Lol

I have also been on the fence, but have also had to knock myself in the head and ask if I'm crazy.

In what world are we turning down the opportunity to sign Coutinho right now at the price?!

The pros outweigh the cons here in multiple ways 

Now the signature is secure we have no obligation to start him over EMI either... Evil laugh " The work is done ". Lol

Exactly some of us have lost the plot, this is an absolute steal! And im sooooo excited greatest signing of my life ..  this is like when city signed robinho to start there revolution, this is now the start of ours … its an unbelievable signing 😆 just a DM,CB and GRADE A striker will do nicely UTV!!

He's a massive step up from the likes of Traore, El Ghazi, Trez and Bailey at the moment.

Its about having a quality squad. 

• Like 1

Amazing signing. We've come a long way in a short space of time. 

He's only been here 6 months and has shown far more than Bailey who cost more and is probably on similar wages.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Harry Wilson? Has the Liverplop connection too :D 

I've no idea, don't follow Championship football. But I suspect he'd cost more than Coutinho atm, wages  not included.

Hes referring to the fulham player fabio carvalho 😂

• Like 1

Unbelievable signing if true

Ings/Watkins

Coutinho.                            Buendia

Sort the midfield out with a new CDM and push Luiz into an 8 role and we're winning the league. 

9 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

We're signing Philippe Coutinho on a permanent. 

And some of you lot are indifferent. 

And others are moaning 😂

Villa fans are the biggest bunch of whingers in the game 

• Like 1

I was in the "don't sign him if will either mess up our finances or Buendia's future at the club" camp, but tbh I feel quite relieved seeing indications that it might be a done deal. The psychic damage of teasing the fans with having a player of that calibre for only half a season and him then disappearing to another PL club might have been too much. It could always not work out on the pitch, but he was certainly capable of hitting the heights in his first little run of games so willing to cautiously hope game time and a full preseason get him close to his best

I mean let's face it, if you can sign a Brazilian player at the Villa you always kind of want to. Unless it's Junior Firpo, who is shit. And also Dominican or something

Â