Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Why put yourself through it guys?

Unbelievable player, but just enjoy the rest of the loan. If he stays - fantastic, if not, we'll need to move on. But don't worry about that yet, just enjoy having such a phenomenal player at the club until at least the end of this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I think even if was 99% certain he'd stay, we wouldn't want to say that until it was actually confirmed. Otherwise you could end up with egg on your face

Yeah, that's true. To be honest I'm pretty confident he'll be here next season full stop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

At this point my only concern is his age. When will he run out of steam? 6 months? 12? 18? The bloke is **** magic.

He plays at 5 mph. I think he's got another 5 years in him at least. He's a magician. Look at Modric, and he plays in a more intensive position. When you're that much better than everyone, you play at your own pace.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AV82 said:

At this point my only concern is his age. When will he run out of steam? 6 months? 12? 18? The bloke is **** magic.

He's 30 this summer but he's not got that many miles on the clock in recent years. Still got a lot of life in him and age is less of a factor now IMO. You look at the top players around the world now and a lot are older - Lewandowski, Benzema, Modric, Ronaldo and even Messi is still a great player. All would have been 'past it' years ago. Health and nutrition plays a huge part now. 

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Didn’t even finish this goal that well, still think there is more to come. He’s renowned for his shooting from outside of the box and we haven’t seen much of that. 
He’s quality, let’s enjoy him 

I’m still waiting for the classic inside left golazo

• Like 1

On 06/01/2022 at 13:48, alreadyexists said:

I can’t believe some people don’t want Coutinho… 

On 06/01/2022 at 14:22, Okonokos said:

You've been on VillaTalk since 2014; you should know how this place works by now 😄

Just thought I'd bring this back up. Some people actually didn't want us to sign him 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He stinks of elite level. All this bedding in shite and it will take him a while etc. He’s absolutely tearing it up. 

I’m one of those who thought it would take a while for him to get up to speed given the long time he had out before coming to us. 

The scary thing is I still feel he’s got more levels to go up and he still scored/assisted in virtually every game. 

• Like 2

Â