Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

55 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That's not guaranteed though as he would obviously still have to agree to it?

No one has a clue and it’s been debated ad nauseam for over a month now.

Ideally he agreed to it when the loan to buy was agreed between Villa and Barca. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Lot of talk about whether he is going to sign permanently but I am just going to enjoy watching him play for the rest of the season. If he signs in the summer great, if not then will trust the recruitment team to get somebody else in but I will worry about that in the summer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RichW said:

Lot of talk about whether he is going to sign permanently but I am just going to enjoy watching him play for the rest of the season. If he signs in the summer great, if not then will trust the recruitment team to get somebody else in but I will worry about that in the summer. 

This all sounds very reasonable and sensible, but I’m afraid that’s not how things work around here. 

Prepare for the procrastination on a daily basis as to whether he does or doesn’t sign. 

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Options/obligations to buy ultimately mean naff-all if the player really doesn't fancy the move (see the Salah Fiorentina/Roma debacle).  I'm hoping he will.

I don't put it past the likes of Newcastle to offering him stupid money if he keeps this form up. 🤦🏿

Is there no way we can dock then 12 points or something?

The option to buy will have come with an agreed contract I'd have thought, even if it's just an agreement to take over and see out the existing contract.

In theory we could exercise the option, take ownership of the players registration under his existing terms and then if he doesn't want to play at Villa we'd have a player that we're paying £250,000 a week to and is in the last year of his contract. 

Even under those circumstances, if he didn't want to sign a longer contract with us, I'd say we could still knock £50m out of Newcastle for him.

• Like 2

Us Villa fans do like to put ourselves through the wringer, we do it every time we have a great player or someone shows good form. I am a sceptic generally, but even I am fairly confident he will be here next season barring a really bad unmentionable thing happening. He wants to play and enjoy his football, he wants to play in the World Cup next winter for Brazil, we are offering those things to him and he is also good mates with our manager to boot. He will be here next season, enjoy the good rather than fretting about the bad that may never happen. If we want Villa to be challenging for European slots we will be needing more players of Coutinho's standard.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Love the nonchalance of the assist for Dougie. Really put it on a plate for him. A lot of others wouldn’t have had the composure to do what he did. Shout out to the Chambers pass too. Beauty of a goal. 

The run was perfect as well and since he came in that off the ball running has got better all through the team

• Like 1

Watched the highlights again... what a player! The game seems easy for him. 

Carries on like this he'll be as revered as magicians like Sasa Curcic and Benny Carbone 

Â