Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

18 minutes ago, Adman said:

Why do you have to go to France to get a UK work permit for a Brazilian who works in Spain?

I assume there is a similar visa office in Madrid but the route from Barcelona to Birmingham flies very near Paris. Madrid is definitely not near the flight path (nearly the opposite direction), so using Paris saved flying time.

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Interesting how his facial expression changes in the gallery. He is smiling at the start of the session but is looking more and more concerned as training progresses. He must be thinking 'wtf have I done?! These guys are sh1te!' 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/12/gallery--first-look-at-coutinho-in-training/

Or maybe he thought his mate The Gaffer was going to take it easy on him.

Started getting drilled and bossed around and was like " Oh shit, he's treating me like everybody else the prick! "

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

doesn't answer why he went to france though

A flight down to Madrid and back up to Brum, versus a flight up to Paris and then up to Brum? Lowest carbon footprint? Other than flying on a private jet?

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Interesting how his facial expression changes in the gallery. He is smiling at the start of the session but is looking more and more concerned as training progresses. He must be thinking 'wtf have I done?! These guys are sh1te!' 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/12/gallery--first-look-at-coutinho-in-training/

Think he is just trying hard to understand McGinn

• Haha 1

I think when you have a quiet shy bloke like him the missus tends to be loud and dominant. The fact thatshe seems over the moon to be here  suggests that this will go well. This isnt a man rocking up to Brum with no friends or family with him.. Everyone is behind him and supporting him. Looking forward to some seriously filthy football

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

no you dont, you just have to pay near double if you apply from outside the UK but im sure he will ok with that!

doesn't answer why he went to france though

There was a sale on at the Paris Dolce and Gabbana shop from what he and the missus were wearing 

• Like 1

This signing kind of reminds me of when our women's team signed Mana Iwabuchi on loan last January, big name player on a global level that normally wouldn't be expected to come to us. She was obviously a very good player and a class above our other players but also wasn't perhaps as affective as might have been anticipated because our other players weren't on the same wavelength as her and a lot of her good play went to waste. Not expecting it to be the same with Coutinho, but am wondering how he will take to playing alongside our level of players after playing at clubs like Barcelona, Brazil, and Bayern Munich.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Listening to Villa podcast with guy who covers Spanish football I'm tempering my expectations. He said his press is non existent and he might get a shock coming back to PL

17 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Just watched his access all areas video

1) I could pass that medical

2) what a total faff to have to go from Le Prat to Paris to Brum

3) seems like a down to earth chap

4) not been this excited at a signing since god knows 

Me too. 

I was mainly disappointed that one of the neon letters on the training ground is bust for a video to be watched by millions around the world 😔

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Me too. 

I was mainly disappointed that one of the neon letters on the training ground is bust for a video to be watched by millions around the world 😔

Saw that. Surprised that's not a priority for them to fix. Of course, it could've just happened.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Me too. 

I also liked bit when the Villa woman said "your agent had already read this so don't worry"

Hes unknowingly signed up for 5 years for £148.57 per week

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

I also liked bit when the Villa woman said "your agent had already read this so don't worry"

Hes unknowingly signed up for 5 years for £148.57 per week

Yeah, I thought that was really odd. Why the hell wasn't his agent actually there for the signing? 

She was like, OK yeah, your agent has looked at all this. Trust in me. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

I hadn’t quite realised just how humble he appears to be. It’s made me warm to him almost immediately. I think this could be a decent move for him to try and recreate what he was able to do at Liverpool and play with some freedom.

I’m thinking it was the expectation that came with playing for Barcelona that might have had an impact on his confidence. Whilst he was at Liverpool, they weren’t at the level they are at now in terms of their quality. In many ways I bet he regrets leaving as he wasn’t able to continue to grow with the team.  

I’m glad he has chosen us to try and get him back to where we all know he can be. It’s been said many many times that he is a confidence player, so I’m hopeful that the fans get right behind him and lay off the moans and groans if there is a misplaced pass or something. It’s as much as an opportunity for us, as it is for Philippe. Let’s not spoil it! 

Delighted with this. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 2

Â