Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If he doesn't show that he has recovered from his knee injury, then we won't sign him. So I don't really understand the issue.

How will we know ? 

Imaging can only show you so much.

To temper expectations a little, his FIFA rating is exactly the same as Gueye and Veretout

I know Gueye was good and both have done well since leaving, but still. He's not a guaranteed starter on career mode

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Any news on the medical and confirmed signing yet? Need some Countinho content to liven up the weekend. He should be in the country by now, I think.

Thought his Covid isolation finishes tonight? Assume he’ll fly into the country tomorrow.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YLN said:

To temper expectations a little, his FIFA rating is exactly the same as Gueye and Veretout

I know Gueye was good and both have done well since leaving, but still. He's not a guaranteed starter on career mode

Down from 89 in Fifa 19 though. 

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Any news on the medical and confirmed signing yet? Need some Countinho content to liven up the weekend. He should be in the country by now, I think.

Doctor is in Spain doing the medical 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spoony said:

The non-claret and blue specs part of me does wonder why the **** he chose Villa lol. I mean I’m thrilled he did but we’ve been a whole Bunch of nothing pretty much the whole time I’ve been supporting Villa 

There's a World Cup later this year, he needs game time to be involved. He knows the Premier League, he knows he will be the biggest star here (by far) and first name on the teamsheet every game, he knows everyone will be watching, he knows that if he does well it will be a huge story and could either get him back into the Barca team for next season or get him a good move.

Oh and Steven Gerrard of course.

• Like 2

If the reports are true that we are looking at another winger I assume that Gerrard is planning on playing him in the midfield 3. Obviously he can play on the left but it would then seem we have more than enough wingers  then for me.

I can’t remember if Liverpool played him as an out and out attacking midfielder or an attack-minded CM. I imagine for us it will be the later unless Gerard is planning on deviating from his 4-3-3.

Edit:

Just had a look on soccerway at a few of their games in 2017. Looks like a combination of wide left and left of the midfield 3.

Edited by penguin

25 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

There's a World Cup later this year, he needs game time to be involved. He knows the Premier League, he knows he will be the biggest star here (by far) and first name on the teamsheet every game, he knows everyone will be watching, he knows that if he does well it will be a huge story and could either get him back into the Barca team for next season or get him a good move.

Oh and Steven Gerrard of course.

Does he know about the Aston Villa Big Signing Instant Long Term Injury Curse? 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, penguin said:

If the reports are true that we are looking at another winger I assume that Gerrard is planning on playing him in the midfield 3. Obviously he can play on the left but it would then seem we have more than enough wingers  then for me.

I can’t remember if Liverpool played him as an out and out attacking midfielder or an attack-minded CM. I imagine for us it will be the later unless Gerard is planning on deviating from his 4-3-3.

Edit:

Just had a look on soccerway at a few of their games in 2017. Looks like a combination of wide left and left of the midfield 3.

Coutinho wont play in the midfield 3, he will play in the left inside forward role / no.10 left side roaming type role.

I would quite literally bet money that we wont buy a "first team" winger, we dont need it this window, if anything we need to offload some wingers, not buy more.

It will be a LB, CD and DM, if anything imo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

“The chance to play with Matthew Targett only comes around once in a lifetime, of course the decision to take a pay cut was easy” - P. Coutinho 

"Having slummed it at The Nou Camp and The Allianz Arena in recent seasons, I wept when I saw the beauty of The North Stand and immediately knew I would do anything to play in front of that magnificent structure" - P. Coutinho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YLN said:

I'm assuming this is Tongue in cheek comment but just to be that guy, Coutinho would be our best outfield player at the club upon signing with that 82 rating. 

He also would have been our best player upon signing for the club if he'd signed at any point since 2015

Â