Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, sne said:

From a Barca forum:

Coutinho loan deal will not be completed before Tuesday. The player is still positive for COVID-19 and cannot travel to England.

He has been in Covid protocol since the 30th December.

His 10 days is up on Sunday and we've already been told by the club he'll be here within 48 hours which lines up with that.

I doubt he plays Vs United in the Cup but he'll make training next week and likely make the League game

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

ouch, funny no mainstream sources mention it though?

It's been on Transfermarkt since Dec 30th that he has Covid. I've mentioned it a bunch of time in the last couple days.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

He has been in Covid protocol since the 30th December.

His 10 days is up on Sunday and we've already been told by the club he'll be here within 48 hours which lines up with that.

I doubt he plus Vs United in the Cup but he'll make training next week and likely make the League game

Yup. That's what I've seen as well.

26 minutes ago, Risso said:

If people can't get excited about a signing like this, you'd have to question why they follow football in the first place. Of course it may all go tits up, but for now we've signed a player from Barcelona who's still in his 20s, and who has won numerous trophies with some of the biggest teams in Europe. As I said earlier, two years ago to the day we were signing washed up, unpleasant, violent, nightclub-loving complete arsehole Danny Drinkwater, who couldn't even get a game for Burnley.

Enjoy these moments for what they are, they don't happen very often.

I mean, he's no Simon Dawkins, but I'm excited! :)

Didn't James go to Everton because of Ancelotti and then he buggered off to real Madrid? I think that had a lot to do with why he started so bright and then faded when the guy he went there to work with left so soon.

We certainly don't have that concern for the loan period and 99% same next season, if SG can get him playing, I can see it lasting a while.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Debut at home versus Yewunited.

Sorry I just have to wipe the drool from my mouth.

Villa Park will be at its mental best. Ronaldo will complain about the noise after the game. 

• Like 1

Wow. It's exciting. If he's gradually embedded, properly conditioned for the Prem and supported to cope with the expectations this will probably work out very well. It'll be interesting to see how the dynamics will work with Targett, Buendia and Watkins/Ings. The chemistry in the side is usually more important than the individual talent imo.   

Â