Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

People talk about Gerrard needing to get his old for form back, but his stats at least haven't been bad at Barcelona, 25 goals and 15 assists in 106 appearances, without having seen him play for La Blaugrana, or at least not much, he'd probably be one of our best, if not our best, even if he just shows his Barcelona form.

Will help no end will ball retention higher up the pitch once he's up to speed which should take some pressure off our midfield and defense as well.

Onward to the next signing.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

A fit and on form Bailey would start ahead of Buendia, of course if Buendia is showing unbelievable form he can't be dropped, but as it stands Bailey is the more proven player, when everyone is fit I think he, Coutinho and Watkins would be first choice front three.

The problem I feel is whether Bailey can play in that number 10 position and everything Bailey has shown so far leads me to think he's far more of a traditional wide forward. 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

People talk about Gerrard needing to get his old for form back, but his stats at least haven't been bad at Barcelona, 25 goals and 15 assists in 106 appearances, without having seen him play for La Blaugrana, or at least not much, he'd probably be one of our best, if not our best, even if he just shows his Barcelona form.

Yes that is correct in that his stats certainly in his first season werent that bad. Its more the post injury stuff, as I said earlier in the thread you can watch videos of his games this year on YT and he definitely looks rusty. Similar to how Buendia was playing at the start of this season. Add to that the higher intensity of the PL and it'll definitely take him time to get up to speed and for everything to "click". Very similar situation to Buendia really but with a much higher ceiling. 

Interestingly I think he'll open up more time and space for Buendia so could benefit each other if played together. 

Edited by villaglint

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

Exactly and today we've signed Coutinho, there are levels to this 

Funny enough, if you go back to that thread quite a few people were banging the drum for him, not too dissimilar to how people reacted to Barkley and now Coutinho. People really like the former PL stars that are down on their luck. Obviously Coutinho was a far bigger star than both but I can't help but notice the similarities in the reaction s.

Rangers played most games with Ryan Kent as one of the front three, I don't think this thing of Gerrard always playing with two No.10s is as set in stone as people think, he also sometimes played with Roofe as a wide forward in the front three. I don't think it's so much as playing the 'wingers' as No.10s, more just asking them to play more narrow, which I think Bailey is perfectly capable of doing.

I know its obvious but we would never have signed this guy had Gerrard not been charge. People always talk about how great players dont necessarily become great managers but this is one of the huge advantages.

One of the biggest coups in Villa's history this.

Edited by R.Bear

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Don't know if it's already been posted, but we're apparently paying less than half his wages and the loan is cheaper than that of Ross Barkley.

Amazing stuff, really :D 

Where did you see this?

Â