Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Defensively naive for that second goal. Mings far too forward and him and McGinn trotting back whilst poor Konsa was caugh between going to Silva or the other attacker. Our line was far too high. Just keep both Central defenders back and get to half time only 1 down.

Strangely we've had the better scoring opportunities but decision making in the final third has been shocking, and greedy.

Keep this to a respectable scoreline now Villa and hope Brenda is as inconsistent as so far this season on Sunday.

Yep. Mings clearly told to go engage the out ball to stop the counter, we should have just slowed it down. Punished.

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Players look like they give City too much respect. Should have started Ramsey not sure why he was dropped

So Gerrard could play two 6's. Hasn't worked, that's okay, this is a free hit and he won't always get everything right. Sign of a good manager if he changes things now at HT, if he doesn't, I'll be disappointed.

Kind of game that makes you think what’s the point remaining so invested in the game.

They’ve fell away before after suffering injuries, like every team get and have to manage, so have responded by ensuring they now have 2 borderline world class players for every position. Just a half Billion spend, easy.

Wouldn’t say no to **** them, PSG & Newcastle off into a little league where they can play each until the end of time.

1 minute ago, Newry_Villan said:

Meh. I'm just watching because there is nothing else on. Expected nothing from this.

That's a world class finish. They are on fire tonight. 

I feel like we always catch them when they're on fire.

I just want us for once to catch them when they're meh. Even then it's a tough af game, but seriously XD

Just now, penguin said:

Kind of game that makes you think what’s the point remaining so invested in the game.

They’ve fell away before after suffering injuries, like every team get and have to manage, so have responded by ensuring they now have 2 borderline world class players for every position. Just a half Billion spend, easy.

Wouldn’t say no to **** them, PSG & Newcastle off into a little league where they can play each until the end of time.

There'll always be another. That's football now. Blame Sky, tbh.

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

City are superb. This is not a game that is big or small for our season. It was a free hit. It would be lovely to put up a real fight but F me, City are on fire

We need to tighten up but working on 10% possession is hard. We've actually created some good positions bit poor decision making has cost us.

Gerrard will give em shot up the ass at half time, hopefully we come out fighting second half. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What would we expect different, against Man City? We signed Bailey from Bayer Leverkusen, for £13m; is that a price and an origin we would expect for a player to dominate Man City? We signed Buendia from the Championship, was he going to test Man City?

Just seems very harsh to me to be too critical of players in this match thread.

Think you need to revise your figures - we signed Bailey for £30m not £13m and Buendia was wanted by Arsenal and Atletico Madrid. Their performances are appalling for what we were expecting and they should be ashamed.