Back 5

Luiz   Nakamba   Ramsey

McGinn         Sanson

Watkins

alternatively

McGinn Nakamba Luiz

Bailey Watkins Ramsey

were gonna need numbers and legs.

With all due respect, regarding the legs, your formation is just a standard 22.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robby b said:

With all due respect, regarding the legs, your formation is just a standard 22.

I hear Sanson has a third leg, it’s what’s kept him out injured so long. He once scored a perfect quad-trick at Marseille, head, left, right and middle.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Nice to go into this with a bit of (probably misplaced) hope.

Beating them would be incredible but I’ll take a draw.

The beauty of it is nobody is expecting a win. We're all just looking forward to some quality. It can't really go wrong other than an absolute spanking.

Such a tough fixture because do they have any weak spots? One quality player missing and another just slots straight in. However, no one is unbeatable and we have to go into the game with that belief. Gerrard will provide that kind of belief and demand it even. Be interesting to see the players mentality if we go a goal down? Under Smith, our recovery from a losing position was mostly poor.

Depending on fitness/fatigue, then the team that started so well against Palace keep the shirt on merit in my view.  From half time (if it’s not working or we’re losing) or after 60/70 minutes, then fresh legs can be used.  I would then consider some rotation against Leicester possibly next Sunday. My heart says a credible draw but my head says they’ll be too good for us.

Martinez

Cash             Konsa                   Mings         Targett

Nakamba

McGinn                         Ramsey

Bailey                  Watkins                  Young   

Subs:  Steer, Hause, Tuanzebe, Luiz, Sanson, Buendia, Carney, El-Ghazi, Ings

31 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Such a tough fixture because do they have any weak spots? One quality player missing and another just slots straight in. However, no one is unbeatable and we have to go into the game with that belief. Gerrard will provide that kind of belief and demand it even. Be interesting to see the players mentality if we go a goal down? Under Smith, our recovery from a losing position was mostly poor.

The team we beat reasonably comfortably yesterday beat them a few weeks back.

We will need to defend very well but there are weak spots. Stones fell over and we scored a goal from that in a cup final so that's one player to target.

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Subs:  Steer, Hause, Tuanzebe, Luiz, Sanson, Buendia, Carney, El-Ghazi, Ings

That bench tells us a lot about our progression over the last two years...

But City could field two teams in the Premier League and both would finish in the top five.  I'd bite your hand off for a draw.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This is a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke. 

I wish it was a joke, but its not very funny.

This is a tough enough fixture in itself, but having to contend with the extra men on and off the pitch, it doesn't bode well.

Based on the last two performances, I’m desperate for this to not be a predictable loss. However, it’s so difficult to move away that way of thinking after all of the recent let downs in this fixture. My heart says we’ll nick a 1-0. Head says we lose 2/3/4-0.