Pre-match thread

ender4

58 minutes ago, Nigel said:

What annoys me more than anything about guardiola is when he gets annoyed when people mention how much he has spent on that team....like it doesn't matter!

But it's how they spend it. 100mil on a single luxury player they didn't need, not 100 mil on 2-3 players who would further increase squad depth and be ready for opportunities like this

So he has a right to complain because despite the money spent it's not on many players 🙄/s

22 minutes ago, a-k said:

But it's how they spend it. 100mil on a single luxury player they didn't need, not 100 mil on 2-3 players who would further increase squad depth and be ready for opportunities like this

So he has a right to complain because despite the money spent it's not on many players 🙄/s

Pep's the type of guy who finds a £20 note on the floor then complains to the council about littering. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Sickening feeling about this one. 

Hmm… I’m struggling to get excited about it too. But it’s not like they’re unbeatable. Liverpool hadn’t lost a game up until we thrashed them last year… so you never know! 

• Like 2

I am really looking forward to this evening. I expect a loss but there is part of me that thinks we can nick something from the game.  IMO, The exciting part of tonight is how we we play and our approach to the game. We have had 2 excellent results and there are lots of positive signs about Gerrard's reign. Tonight is an opportunity to show the fans just how much we have changed and the direction we are heading. If Gerrard is able to take this opportunity it will bode well and get fans behind him 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

4-0 loss and a big reality check after some decent results lately. 

I don't think any loss to City is a reality check. They are amongst the top few club teams in World football. Nobody should be naive enough to think that beating Brighton and Palace means we are suddenly competing with Man City.  

• Like 2

Hurry up and get this **** game done. 

It's bad enough there's a thread full of Gresford obsessives in "other football", now we've got that shit here as well. 

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Literally couldn't be bothered less. They'll win, whatever. They may as well be paying a different game, sad as that is, so the result is basically meaningless IMO.

Is the thrill of being a football fan not winning games when u are the underdog. I had no excitement for the Barrow game earlier in the season and I didn't even get too worked up when Archer scored a hattrick. Yet, from the moment Barrow drew us their entire fan base with uber excited. Their forum was crazy busy and the fans just couldn't wait for game day. We are playing one of the best teams in world football tonight. Yes, I expect to lose but I am really excited to see how we perform against them and I expect, like most Villa fans, there is something inside me that suggests we can nick a draw or even a win. Its great to be a Villa fan today. Lots of exciting things happening at the club and a great game in prospect. UTV

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Literally couldn't be bothered less. They'll win, whatever. They may as well be paying a different game, sad as that is, so the result is basically meaningless IMO.

We have a bigger chance under Gerrard but we'll still probably lose.

On 30/11/2021 at 08:00, It's Your Round said:

Both BBC and Sky’s prediction pundits (Lawrenson and ‘Jones Knows’) have got us down to draw 1-1. I’d happily take a draw but conversely If we can draw 1-1, we can also win 2-1. 

Oh Christ.  That's the chance of a draw gone then.