Pre-match thread

ender4

I just hope there is more evidence that Gerrard, Gary Mac, Beale and the other 42 can devise and get those players to execute another gameplan that sees us be competitive. Irrespective of the result, if we can frustrate them whilst looking organised out of possession then ill be happy. If its a hammering with us just chasing shadows for 90 mins then it could be damaging to the players belief again and the momentum we’re building with the new manager boince could easily just evaporate.

Acid test now for Gerrard but I have faith in him, really impressed with how he’s carried himself since his appointment.

1-1 Ramsey.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Not sure why people have a problem with Mike Dean. It's not like he celebrates goals against us!

RG4l-2.gif

Tbf he said he celebrated himself playing a good advantage and I believe that is something he would do…

• Haha 2

Both BBC and Sky’s prediction pundits (Lawrenson and ‘Jones Knows’) have got us down to draw 1-1. I’d happily take a draw but conversely If we can draw 1-1, we can also win 2-1. 

It’s likely we’ll get beat again but ya never know. We have run them close at times recently. 

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Acid test now for Gerrard but I have faith in him, really impressed with how he’s carried himself since his appointment.

Agreed,  the test against Man City is about when we don't have the ball and how we press and ultimately get the ball back as a unit IMO.

Man City are all about organized pressure on the ball to get it back and have another go at scoring.  

Game management was prefect vs Palace and we went narrow and suffocated Palace in the end.  We won't get battered in this but will be tough,  big test for SG.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2021 at 00:37, Joshie2000 said:

Why, he's moved on to try to win things and work with possibly the best coach in world football. 

We were going nowhere fast, I hope if he's there he gets the applause he deserves, it was him coming back from injury that took us on the 10 game win streak that got us back up. 

We have to many sad claret and blue tinted glasses fans, that are bitter because he wanted to better himself, its not like he went on strike and left for next to nothing, we got a British transfer record for him. 

Players come and go, regardless of what people want to think, JG will always be a villa fan. 

I really don't blame the guy for moving to a top team, playing alongside world class players and being in with a chance of winning silverware.

Do we think if Smith had been offered the chance to manage City he would have turned it down? Of course not.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I just hope there is more evidence that Gerrard, Gary Mac, Beale and the other 42 can devise and get those players to execute another gameplan that sees us be competitive. Irrespective of the result, if we can frustrate them whilst looking organised out of possession then ill be happy. If its a hammering with us just chasing shadows for 90 mins then it could be damaging to the players belief again and the momentum we’re building with the new manager boince could easily just evaporate.

1-1 Ramsey.

This is my thoughts, its a big test so would be good to see how Gerrard and team set up for it, I think Gerrard will relish it though so really looking forward t it.

As for Grealish...if he plays then I will clap him before/after the game, people move on and what ever you think its a job/career, he had some brilliant times for us and made us 100m along the way 

Big learnings coming for Steven, I'd say this game will be more significant than the last 2 in terms of him seeing where we're at in terms of resilience, guile, and overall quality to really challenge in the top half of the table.

Big game for the back four who need to carry in their recent form and for Nakamba too who has looked solid recently. If he can build on that, I'd fancy us to give City a good game. Our forwards will be up for it.

I'm gonna say 1-2 City, but if luck goes our way I don't see why we couldn't scrape a draw.

Comfortable win for them I fesr (especially considering Dean and Friend) although you never know. We have to create a hostile atmosphere that’s for sure and not show anxiety when we haven’t had a touch of the ball for 5 minutes. I’d absolutely love to get the win while the ground sing ‘Grealish what’s then score’!

Looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think they’ll win comfortably. They do against most teams in the league.  Hopefully no injuries or suspensions for the Sunday game which I think we will win.

Yeah probably this. However, palarse beat them at the emptihad and wet spam almost did too. It could be a case of how arsed citeh will be to a degree. 

If we score first and early that might piss them off and they step up a few gears.....what I DO think is that it will be a big test of how SG adapts his game management for his first clash with one of the Sky 6

Edited by mottaloo

I think we can get something out of this , not sure why cus they have an excellent squad but so do we on our day. Need to track their runners bit with the form McGinns, Ramsey and Nakamba are in who knows. Hopefully our forward line can start to click a bit better and convert more of our chances into goals, 4-1 to the villa. 😬

Edited by tinker
  • Haha 1

Citeh fans are also cursing the fact that Dean is ref.  Apparently he will allow us to kick lumps out of all their players.

Tbf, I'd rather Dean than John Moss after last season's travesty of a decision against them.

• Like 1