Pre-match thread

ender4

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are you dropping Ramsey or McGinn?

If I was to drop one of them It would have to be Ramsey, McGinn in the centre of the 3, there could be an argument for Ramsey's work rate on the left of the 3. 

Tactical change not based on anyones form.

9 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Marvellous and Douglas together in a 4-2-3-1

I think you might be right here. I think the GK and back 4 will remain the same. Then a midfield 3 of Marv, Luiz and McGinn. The front 3 will be interesting. I’m think it might be Bailey, Watkins and ElGhazi. 

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Will Jack be back?

If so, in fascinated by the reaction he will get.

I’d rather no reaction at all. With Deano going, that era has well and truly ended. He’s irrelevant to us now and booing anybody just brings negativity to an atmosphere which should be very positive after our last two results. There is no need that this match should be anything about him.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's possible that De Bruyne, Greal-hiss and Foden could be out for this game.

Still a big ask for us but you never know?

On Friday, Pep said that Grealish and Foden were back in individual training making good progress. KDB had some minor Covid symptoms and they were waiting for a negative PCR so all could be out or available. I’d say they’d have at least one of them fit.

38 minutes ago, AJ said:

Mike Dean, with Kevin Friend in VAR.

We are going to get proper f***ed.

You have to be joking, Mike F ing Dean. 

Any positivity I had has just vanished and it's on telly so he'll be out to continue to make himself the topic of conversation. 

On the match itself, it's gonna be tough but we are at home and after 2 wins against in form opposition I'm expecting it to be loud. 

Don't really care if HE plays, not even bothered about the reception HE gets. This is all about how we play and having 40k fans screaming in unison will give the players what they need. Mr Gerrard can increase his rep with a positive result here.

Appalling kick off time for everyone 

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Mike Dean, with Kevin Friend in VAR.

We are going to get proper f***ed.

Two of the worst. That Palace game a couple of years ago should mean Friend has no involvement in any of our games. Worst decision I’ve ever seen. 

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’d rather no reaction at all. With Deano going, that era has well and truly ended. He’s irrelevant to us now and booing anybody just brings negativity to an atmosphere which should be very positive after our last two results. There is no need that this match should be anything about him.

I agree wholeheartedly. 

Couldn't care less if Grealish plays. He is not our player anymore, and has as much relevance to us nowadays as a Ron Jeremy pop up book. All I really care about is Villa making a good account for themselves.

I don't hate Grealish, but I despise the club he plays for. To beat these corrupt, anti football scum, with or without Grealish, would be absolutely delicious.

Edited by AJ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1