Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Honestly, zaha frightens me. He is a moody petulant twit but he is incredible effective. I can see them trying to isolate Targett against him

Like Sarr atWatford. Targett is going to have to bring the noize.

That said it’s easy to wind Zaha up, so I expect some dark arts to be deployed.

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Honestly, zaha frightens me. He is a moody petulant twit but he is incredible effective. I can see them trying to isolate Targett against him

Brighton tried that...tbf to targett thats what he does well!

Interesting press conference this morning. I must admit I'm not quite sure what he'll do with the team now.

I think the keeper and back four will be the same, he'll play Ings up top and Watkins left and McGinn will be in midfield - I think those are the definites.

There's a hint it might be Bailey instead of Buendia and that Luiz/Sanson might come in for Nakamba or Ramsey - given the praise for Watkins this morning, I guess there's a chance he could be up top with Ings on the bench, but I can't see that.

I think he'll go:

------------------------------Martinez----------------------------

Cash------------Konsa------------Mings---------Targett

----------------------------------Luiz--------------------------------

-------------------Ramsey----------McGinn------------------

Bailey---------------------------------------------------Watkins

----------------------------------Ings--------------------------------

but I wouldn't be surprised to see Buendia, Nakamba, Sanson or even Young start the game.

• Like 2

At least we can pretty much guarantee how Palace will line up. 433. The game will be won in midfield. If Ramsey does start, he'll need to be very involved. Palace's 3 will be from Milivojevic, Kouyate, McArthur & Gallagher.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

At least we can pretty much guarantee how Palace will line up. 433. The game will be won in midfield. If Ramsey does start, he'll need to be very involved. Palace's 3 will be from Milivojevic, Kouyate, McArthur & Gallagher.

Gallagher is the one that worries me...such a livewire.

Edited by TRO

31 minutes ago, BOF said:

McArthur is injured and out for a few weeks - there's talk of Will Hughes coming back for them after his injury.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

McArthur is injured and out for a few weeks - there's talk of Will Hughes coming back for them after his injury.

The other 3 played against Burnley.

... and conceded 3

• Like 1

IMHO the team played with a plan and a purpose last week that I havent seen in a long time.SG has had another week with the squad so I expect them to have improved on last weeks performance,im going for 1-2 to us.

57 minutes ago, BOF said:

I like that Prince George pub, it used to be one of my locals as I lived in Selhurst for two years (and could see the stadium from my house). I saw Villa beat Leicester 2-1on TV there on the 7th of December 2014 thanks to the winner from the Scottish Cafu. And I think that was the only Villa game I saw there so it definitley goes down as one of my lucky Villa pubs. UTV!!!!!!!

• Like 1