Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t believe you’re only 151!🤣

One hundred and fifty two now brohammed. Had a birthday since that post!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Amazing these people are employed as “experts” 

Some Villa fans want these people talking about us more regularly. Why? They don’t know anything.

Brilliant, funniest thing I've seen for ages. 😂

12 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Some Villa fans want these people talking about us more regularly. Why? They don’t know anything.

Bellends, the lot of them.

"It's a West Brom job"

I agree, they shouldn't have sacked him on the bus... they should have called him in the dugout

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So much crap spouted on that panel…

Repeatedly using the three injuries as an excuse for Gerrard’s terrible performance. 

Blaming the players “if Mings is going to play like that, what can he do”.

The owners have “panicked”, and Sawiris lacks class.

Gerrard doesn’t know his best team, like that’s not his fault. 

“It’s a misconception that Villa are big spenders”, trying to justify expectations being too high for what was spent.

And the biggest clue that shows none of these idiots actually understand Villa today, is their agreement that the ambition at Villa is just to stay up. 

I would love to get them in a room and make them watch it back. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Fair play to Lee Hendrie though. Out of all of them in that video he at least seemed to get it about Gerrard not knowing best system, lack of progression etc. Not surprising as he actually watches us week in week out unlike the other clowns.

13 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

This aged well 🤣

Honestly, the disconnect just because it was Gerrard is astonishing.

If it had been any other relatively inexperienced manager (other than a similar big name) they would have been on about how the job was too big for him, he was too inexperienced, they would have been going on and on about the poor performances, the league position, the tactics and formation, lack of identity.

It's like it's impossible in their minds for someone like Gerrard to fail.   

Look at what came after, almost instantaneous turn around of epic proportions.  If ever you want proof that Gerrard is not a manger there it is.  They were also so scathing about who we might get in and what kind of job they might do.  Idiots.

• Like 2

It's a psychological theory called the 'myth of talent' which loads of numptys fall for all the time. Like because someone is very skilled in one aspect of a certain job they will also be not just competent at other related but completely different parts they will be world class at them too. If you asked people they'd probably say Pele or any other legend would have been an amazing manager, but there's literally no evidence for that other than they were an incredible player, which is a whole different skill set.

It rarely happens the other way as well, like people won't think Toto Wolff would be a legendary F1 driver. But they might think Lewis Hamilton would be an amazing team principal. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

It's a psychological theory called the 'myth of talent' which loads of numptys fall for all the time. Like because someone is very skilled in one aspect of a certain job they will also be not just competent at other related but completely different parts they will be world class at them too. If you asked people they'd probably say Pele or any other legend would have been an amazing manager, but there's literally no evidence for that other than they were an incredible player, which is a whole different skill set.

It rarely happens the other way as well, like people won't think Toto Wolff would be a legendary F1 driver. But they might think Lewis Hamilton would be an amazing team principal. 

You see it in business commonly too. Technical experts being promoted into management roles that require completely different skill sets.

• Like 2

On 27/04/2024 at 10:34, Rds1983 said:

The dirty old git has been caught liking pictures on Instagram of Millie Bobby Brown (11 from Stranger Things) in.a bikini.

He must be getting lonely over in Saudi. 

Guess his finger 'slipped'.

What a weirdo. I'm a single guy more than a decade younger than him and I'd be embarrassed if I was caught in 4K like that.

• Like 1

Ettifaq take another loss. Looks like the special one is back to hammering the players in public…

Gerrard said after the defeat: “Sakala was dangerous and that is what we lack in our team. We were bad individually and collectively. We conceded two easy goals. I did not like the mentality or the character shown by the players.”

• Haha 1

On 01/05/2024 at 09:49, It's Your Round said:

So much crap spouted on that panel…

Repeatedly using the three injuries as an excuse for Gerrard’s terrible performance. 

Blaming the players “if Mings is going to play like that, what can he do”.

The owners have “panicked”, and Sawiris lacks class.

Gerrard doesn’t know his best team, like that’s not his fault. 

“It’s a misconception that Villa are big spenders”, trying to justify expectations being too high for what was spent.

And the biggest clue that shows none of these idiots actually understand Villa today, is their agreement that the ambition at Villa is just to stay up. 

I would love to get them in a room and make them watch it back. 

The "panel" included Tim Sherwood, which tells you all you need to know.

It's no wonder he wanted Gerrard to have more time, he was finally being replaced as the worst manager in our entire history. He wanted it to continue!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rodders129 said:

Ettifaq take another loss. Looks like the special one is back to hammering the players in public…

Gerrard said after the defeat: “Sakala was dangerous and that is what we lack in our team. We were bad individually and collectively. We conceded two easy goals. I did not like the mentality or the character shown by the players.”

Needed to show some pashun innit. Nothing to do with training, teaching or management.

• Haha 1

On 30/04/2024 at 21:05, CarryOnVilla said:

They’re not employed as experts, they’ve employed a celebrities to get viewers. Hopefully the day will come when that stops, just as Slippy G’s managerial reign here did. While people watch and listen to this sort of tripe, it will go on I’m afraid, annoyingly!

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Tried to carry them like a wash bag the tit

Just like the grade 1 twunt that he is.. 

Â