Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

12 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Moment of magic during the negotiations

Just looked em right in the eye and they crumbled. 

• Haha 3

I am happy for him. Because it proves that this Saudi League isnt going to get better. Totally based on the past rather than the present.  His lack of selfawareness is insane. Hard work and dedication. For 3 months . And gets to be the 4th highest paid manager in world football. They deserve 300 crowds if this is how they measure success. Even Blues get bigger crowds. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just looked em right in the eye and they crumbled. 

Telling his defenders they are Premier League quality as looked him in the eye 

Its a weird scouting system

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I am happy for him. Because it proves that this Saudi League isnt going to get better. Totally based on the past rather than the present.  His lack of selfawareness is insane. Hard work and dedication. For 3 months . And gets to be the 4th highest paid manager in world football. They deserve 300 crowds if this is how they measure success. Even Blues get bigger crowds. 

To be fair, his club is not one of the PIF owned clubs so I don't think their failings are reflective of how the league will do. It's like trying to gauge the PL by how Everton do.

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe you're saying this rhetorically, but I don't understand why people get mad about this stuff.

I think it's the fact that he earns more in one year than most people would see in five (to fifty) generations and he has absolutely zero humility. The way he tells it, he's earned that and is worth it.

Which, when compared to almost every other occupation and standard of competency is sickening. Literally, not figuratively.

He's not the only example by a long shot, but he's emblematic of everything that's wrong with the people - a grifter who thinks he's exceptional and is owed whatever he can take.

• Like 3

They do love a red Scouse player over there with the amount of ex Scouse red over there, and especially a red Scouse legend. I presume his wages include obligatory dinner party with al ettifuck officials, obligatory selfies, additional performing on them (no typo),  Because the money it's definitely not for coaching nor football.

• Haha 1

Incredible he is getting another manager in Dean Holden who also worked in the Championship to fly over and be his assistant 

He goes through assistants quicker than Watford does managers

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Incredible he is getting another manager in Dean Holden who also worked in the Championship to fly over and be his assistant 

He goes through assistants quicker than Watford does managers

If full fledged managers are his assistants, how good must he be? Got to keep the illusion going.

On 19/01/2024 at 23:59, Keyblade said:

To be fair, his club is not one of the PIF owned clubs so I don't think their failings are reflective of how the league will do. It's like trying to gauge the PL by how Everton do.

Not owned by PIF, but the Saudi Ministry of Sport instead 🤣

• Haha 1

The Saudis seem to be having success with golf but everything I've seen about the Saudi league is that it's just another Chinese league that will end in disappointment in five years time.

Seeing Gerrard get another contract is just confirmation of that imo.

3 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

The Saudis seem to be having success with golf 

They aren't. It's a complete disaster and will end up being a terribly expensive way to buy a small share of the PGA tour. 

The Saudis are just wasting money left right and centre. 

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

If full fledged managers are his assistants, how good must he be? 

Or, to put it another way, who's doing the actual managing? 

Must be one of the best job being his assistant. You do shit then we know Stevie is shite at the managing business anyway. If there is any sort of success or a small good run, you are ultimately responsible for being a tactical genius as the non Liverpool football world knows it has nothing to do with Stevie.

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

They aren't. It's a complete disaster and will end up being a terribly expensive way to buy a small share of the PGA tour. 

The Saudis are just wasting money left right and centre. 

No? I admit I don’t follow it particularly closely, but my understanding was if the PGA tour merges with the Saudi one then their money is going to result in them exerting a lot of control?

If you’re going reply maybe better to do it in the golf thread and tag me, as I guess we’re going slightly off-topic at this point.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Or, to put it another way, who's doing the actual managing? 

The assistants… Gerrard is good in front of the media. He can recycle the same old stuff about how they need to improve blah blah… but that’s it. We witnessed this first hand quite early on I think. 

On 19/01/2024 at 13:04, LondonLax said:

I expect it’s probably as simple as one of the people running that club is a massive Liverpool fan. 

When you’re in that position with all that wealth, you can just pay to have your football heroes hang out with you. 

Pretty much. 

11 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

He's probably been offered a new deal solely cos of his profile and social media presence. Keep towing the party line and shilling for them on your Insta, Stevie! 

Why does he still have high profile social media? 

I can understand people being interested whilst he was playing but who the hell is interest in the daily goings on of a retired rather dull footballer.  I'm amazed people don't just move on to someone newer and shinier. 

I wonder how many actual regular views he gets rather than followers who just haven't bothered to unfollow. 

Edited by sidcow

Â