Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why does he still have high profile social media? 

I can understand people being interested whilst he was playing but who the hell is interest in the daily goings on of a retired rather dull footballer.  I'm amazed people don't just move on to someone newer and shinier. 

I wonder how many actual regular views he gets rather than followers who just haven't bothered to unfollow. 

When I was a kid I always used to read about retired 'stars'. Players like Rivaldo or Boniek.

I can only assume players like Gerrard still get a lot of clicks from a new generation of fans who only remember them from the legends about (bleugh) that night in Istanbul. 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

When I was a kid I always used to read about retired 'stars'. Players like Rivaldo or Boniek.

I can only assume players like Gerrard still get a lot of clicks from a new generation of fans who only remember them from the legends about (bleugh) that night in Istanbul. 

Read about them, but log on and follow their every move?

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Read about them, but log on and follow their every move?

I think it's the same phenomenon - I used to read sports magazines in the late 90s, kids click on shit on TikTok in 2020s.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why does he still have high profile social media? 

I can understand people being interested whilst he was playing but who the hell is interest in the daily goings on of a retired rather dull footballer.  I'm amazed people don't just move on to someone newer and shinier. 

I wonder how many actual regular views he gets rather than followers who just haven't bothered to unfollow. 

He's' probably still more of a draw overseas than he is here in the UK. I agree - a very dull person off the pitch with 0 charisma, but I guess having been Liverpool's captain and talisman for many years still has a certain cache for football followers internationally.

To be fair to James he swerves Gerrard, I mean he doesn't say much of anything other than Terzic which was weird cos that ain't happening

Wonder who will be first to call Gerrard out for being shit, probably gabby on TS, him even being mentioned is proper laughable, he'd need to be having us where Emery has us now to even have a sniff, if love it if a live guest on SSN when such a nonsense nod is spouted says behave he's shit 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair to James he swerves Gerrard, I mean he doesn't say much of anything other than Terzic which was weird cos that ain't happening

Wonder who will be first to call Gerrard out for being shit, probably gabby on TS, him even being mentioned is proper laughable, he'd need to be having us where Emery has us now to even have a sniff, if love it if a live guest on SSN when such a nonsense nod is spouted says behave he's shit 

Simon Jordan. He has called out Gerrard for being shit since 2021 and he never deserved the Villa job

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Simon Jordan. He has called out Gerrard for being shit since 2021 and he never deserved the Villa job

Hopefully 

Crazy thing is SSN pander to Liverpool fans with this nonsense but surely 99% of Liverpool must find it laughable too so when she casually throws his name out who is that for? 

No one is buying it, they just sound like idiots 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Hopefully 

Crazy thing is SSN pander to Liverpool fans with this nonsense but surely 99% of Liverpool must find it laughable too so when she casually throws his name out who is that for? 

No one is buying it, they just sound like idiots 

I know some Liverpool fans who think he is the rightful heir. Its a cult of a club. If they hired Gerrard and got relegated(wont be his fault he had no moments of magic) then be the owners fault or Luton paid off the refs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the whole Liverpool fans hate Gerrard, and see him as having ruined his reputation as a Liverpool legend because of his association with gangsters and then going to Saudi, they make the hatred for him in this thread seem tame by comparison

Even without that hatred from Liverpool fans, he would never ever be in serious contention for the job anyway, every time a managers job comes up people come with these 'please let it be such and such' suggestions,  i'e some unfashionable manager, but they never happen, that is other than us with McLeish and Newcastle with some of their appointments when they were owned by Ashley

Hopefully liverpool will sign up Gerrard as their manager on a long term contract....come on liverpool, bring him home, you know you want to.....

'Liverpool fans absolutely do not hate Gerrard lol'

After being in the Saudi league I'd be fine with him never even setting foot inside Anfield again. Alas, unlikely.

To think this guy was a childhood idol of mine and of thousands of other LFC fans no doubt. Just shows that one should never get attached to any player too much, the club is all that matters. Having said that, if Klopp moves to Saudi in the future, I'll ge genuinely depressed for a while

Luckily Jurgen and his family values people over money.

He's a disgrace. Will never manage our club and would stop watching us if he ever did.

And also showed an immense level of self-serving cowardice when as club captain, he refused to publicly call out the owners who were on the verge of running the club into administration!

Persona non grata to me now

A nothing human being for me now. In the Fowler and Firmino boat.

Disappointing but not surprising. And we got irked when people called him Steven Gerrard M.B.E.. How accurate that is when you see a selfish and greedy move like this one.

And that of course is just a small part of the disgusting shit that he will be happily sportswashing, just so he can get even richer. Gerard is just another greedy unprincipled money grabbing word removed. **** him and the rest of them.

He won't give a monkeys, of course, but he's lost my respect.

it's in the disgraced former players forum

Stevie M. E That monikor was so true in every sense, as a man and if we are honest a player as well. If there ever was a player bigger than the club it was him.

Shameless greedy word removed.

Now he's just another sportswashed clearing in the woods.

IF he ever plays for the legends again, I won't be going, he can **** off now.

That's just from a few pages, whole thread is along those lines, anyone sticking up for him is in the minority, it's all either hatred for him, or them talking about what a rubbish manager he is, people desperate to  frame it as Liverpool fans being dumb and wanting him as their manager over some sort of hero worship of him, but in reality that's not even close to being true, if anything Liverpool fans hate him, and certainly they don't want him as their manager, and there's no chance whatsoever that he will even be considered for the job
  • Like 2

Â