Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Obviously you've been to fan meetings with CP and have more insight than me into his character. However, in his last interview he talked about if the PL ended up with 4 or 5 nation states funding clubs and eliminating all of the competition then he (and the PL) would have failed in their duty to protect the English game. He also said that he was uncomfortable taking Roman Abramovich's money when he worked for Chelsea. (Obviously it's a lot easier to say that now given that Russia is seen as an international pariah.)

Could Purslow work in/for a league that is so corrupt/fake/plastic & distorting world football markets?

I think Purslow would have worked tirelessly to ensure that there were opportunities for an historically large football club to take on the established cartel on an even playing field, just as he'd previously worked tirelessly to ensure that FFP was introduced in a way that benefitted Liverpool or Chelsea - he's a consummate professional whose values are to some extent instructed by his mission - he takes on the values of the people he represents - his integrity is in his commitment to delivering them.

If he were given the instruction to ensure that a new league with almost unlimited resources should be given the opportunity to compete with the established order of the current European leagues and bring football into new regions globally, I'm sure he'd have no problem with that whatsoever and would go to great lengths explaining why it's a great thing for the modern game.

(There's also an argument that he's already worked in a league that is corrupt/fake/plastc and distorting world football markets.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/06/2023 at 17:02, Giro said:

Murphy is a clown 🤡 

Simon Jordan chats some shit but he couldn't be more right here.

If this is the option Steven Gerrard thinks is the best choice from a purely football point of view then he needs to reset his thinking.

I don't believe there are no other footballing options for Steven Gerrard, but there aren't any that pays Steven Gerrard what his ego thinks he deserves.

Steven Gerrard the manager needs to kill the ego of Steven Gerrard the player before he will achieve anything as a manager.

Edited by jjaacckk91
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

They must be desperate to hire Gerrard as head coach, awful manager. 

All about the name. Managerial ability doesn't factor in. And this isn't one of the 4 state owned clubs so they will only be thee to make up the numbers.

22 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I might be wrong but is he the first scouser they've let in Saudi Arabia? 

They'll have his hands off in a jiffy. 

It's not even one of the PIF teams, what hope does he have without a bottomless pit of money? What hope would he have with a bottomless pit of money? Would hope would he have as a manager of a football club anywhere, in any circumstances, ever?

1 hour ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Steven Gerrard the manager needs to kill the ego of Steven Gerrard the player before he will achieve anything as a manager.

You would have thought that Villa had already rendered that service for him in the end.

41 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

All I could think from watching that is his hair is really weird. It never changes - length, style,  color. It's bizarre.

I’m starting to wonder whether it is actually just made from plastic. Real life lego hair. 

• Like 1

What a sell out. Couldn't get more cretinous. I'm sure some of the loyal Liverpool fans will be thrilled.

This prick better send over a nice sum of cash for Coutinho now. 

Slightly gutted he hadn't took another job in England to show how much of a fraud he is to those who still doubt. He'll probably win a trophy now to add to his special Rangers achievements, akin to Owen Coyle winning in India. 

Â