Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

It's still hard for me to comprehend just how much he's **** us up. 

Destroyed all positivity and buzz the club had built up. 

Players look utterly devoid of any confidence. 

Bailey looks like he doesn't want to be here. 

Our record signing has become an impact sub who doesn't make an impact. I'd be amazed if he's thrilled to be a villa player. 

Made a complete mess of the captain situation impacting on two of our players. 

**** off all our wide players so any new manager will have to wait till they can sign their own. 

We got rid of Dean Smith for this. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Don’t have any personal resentment towards Gerrard and was cautiously optimistic about his appointment, but I’m glad he’s gone and a bit annoyed it took this long to happen.

Yeah, same. I find it weird that people build up such dislike of players and managers.

It didn’t work out, the sacking was correct. 

• Like 3

Delighted he’s gone, accepted he got given a chance at the start of the season but he has continued the last 15 or so games from last season into this.

This wasn’t a blip it was Villa under Gerrard, going one way. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's still hard for me to comprehend just how much he's **** us up. 

Destroyed all positivity and buzz the club had built up. 

Players look utterly devoid of any confidence. 

Bailey looks like he doesn't want to be here. 

Our record signing has become an impact sub who doesn't make an impact. I'd be amazed if he's thrilled to be a villa player. 

Made a complete mess of the captain situation impacting on two of our players. 

**** off all our wide players so any new manager will have to wait till they can sign their own. 

We got rid of Dean Smith for this. 

Hopefully the new guy can turn it around pretty quickly........whoever that may be? 😬

Edited by foreveryoung

I wasn’t impressed with the choice but was willing to put my dislike of Gerrard the player to one side to give Gerrard the manager a chance. He royally **** up that chance, and with it quite possibly his managerial career. I just hope the damage he’s done at Villa can be rectified quickly. 

And that’s probably the last thing I’ll say about Gerrard on here. He’s not worth my time and everything has already been said. 

See ya slippy! 

image.png.ab6fe96cdaf04128da128f378abec35e.png

He's been undermined? seriously? way to phrase that he just wasn't good enough of a manager.

Garde, Sherwood, McLeish, DiMatteo,... were then also undermined by results? No, they were just not good enough, but they weren't friends with the pundits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomC said:

Despite all the vitriol around here, I think that he's a decent man. He was just in way over his head. It was clear he was not going to take us anywhere. Onward and upward.

Decent men dont assault DJs or hang out with the Kinahan cartel

• Thanks 2

I wanted him gone at the end of last season and I say this as someone that would like to see stability but watching us sat up in the holte end against Palace even though we didn’t lose the pattern of play was so bad. I remember watching us pass around the centre backs out to cash and him looking up and all of our players moved inside essentially marking each other rather than one at least offering an option  out wide. This happened numerous times so I concluded that this was tactical and it was awful and led to us losing the ball or giving it away cheaply.

the biggest mistake though for me is the captaincy issue. Creating a problem where the wasn’t one causing disharmony in the squad for no reason. If he didn’t rate mings that’s fine move him in, players can accept that but to embarrass him like he did then give the armband to mcginn essentially just made this moment inevitable and I think without his mate as ceo it would have happened much quicker. 

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Having  to ride home on team coach after being sacked . The owners must have been furious to sack him immediately and not wait until today. 

Hope he sat next to Tyrone looking him in the eye

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Dean Saunders

Does he even watch us play? It’s the same with most pundits, they will look at the table nothing more. Nobody has time for Aston Villa as a pundit or journalist unless they cover the midlands as part of the role or if you are supporter. Everyone else is looking at stats or the table position which inevitably doesn’t paint the full picture.

• Like 1

That was a brave gamble that was taken. By the club, in appointing a promising young manager rather than one with PL experience or with a proven track record of managing at the very top level abroad and by SG in leaving a job in which he was under no pressure, to test himself with us. It didn't come off and SG, like Dean Smith before him became the victim of a poor run of results, and of inconsistent performances that were sometimes encouraging, but were mainly way below par. 

SG's signings were in my opinion good, but he had the misfortune that they picked up injuries that have kept them out for much of this season to date. That left him reliant on the same players whose displays on the field had cost Dean his job and have now cost him his. He has made his mistakes, as was only to be expected of a manager who was still learning on the job. Those mistakes included dropping Mings and taking the captaincy off him, which didn't go down well with the squad. He was also too reliant on players, whose form and confidence, has fallen off a cliff this season, including McGinn, Coutinho, Bailey, Ramsey and Watkins, as well as loathe to give other players their chance. He has also been unlucky that recent mistakes by some of our more consistent performers over the past twelve months have cost us further points. 

We are now left hoping for another new manager bounce. SG won't be out of work for long, SKY will have a role for him as a pundit, whilst he awaits another managerial offer that will come soon enough. We may look back at this in a few years time as a time when we could have given him a little more time, very much so, if the new appointment fails to get us out of this mess. All PL managers want just a few more games though and time is something that is not given often to managers, just ask Dean Smith. I wish SG well, he will have time to look back on where this all went wrong and to learn from his mistakes. I suspect that like a previous manager that we sacked way back in the 60s, he may come to lift a major trophy or two at another club in future years, but for now I thank him for trying and hope that our new boss can succeed in getting us back into the top half of this league. UTV!      

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Bet that is a fun bus journey back 😂

I'm quite surprised by that tbh.

He had to go. I wanted him gone months ago. But I would have thought if you're going to sack someone, it'd be common courtesy to let them know back at base rather than before a ride home with the team. That's a dick move, honestly.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

The media Talksport more interested in Ronaldo walking down the tunnel than the Gerrard sacking. Nor heard them talk about villa yet? 

Proof right there top 4 biased 

Put Magic FM on instead of bothering with Talkshite. 

• Like 2

Â