Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, last I checked, Steve Bruce has had career earning of 55 million dollars 😮.

So there very much is a niche market for a failing Manager with a " reputation " 😂

" I've been promoted 5 times, even though I'm the one who relegated the clubs in the first place, it doesn't matter! " 👀

Objectively he's had a good career as a manager. I think Gerrard would be fortunate to have a similar amount og success... 

I think, once departed from here, if he isn't going to Sly Sports/BT, he'd be well served by becoming a coach in the team of Klopp or Pep, or any truly top coach to learn a great deal. Otherwise he's bound to be a limited coach on the managerial merry go round. I'm pretty sure that Terry is a better coach than Gerrard for serving an apprenticeship. 

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

It's kind of crazy when you think about it that we hired a manager on the basis of doing well at a team in a league which his opposition was the standard of bottom half championship/top half league 1.

Like it's not at all surprising that it hasn't worked.

In fairness his main rival in that league just got sacked yesterday from the mighty Omonia Nicosia.

Gerrard would be LUCKY to be sacked now.

He can still rescue a tiny bit of reputation by, ridiculously in my opinion, pointing to the final few scraps of argument that could say he needs more time. He could suggest we've turned a corner, he could say we've been unlucky with injuries, he could protest we've drawn with Man City and played well against Chelsea.

BUT the longer he gets, the less these arguments stand up and the more embarrassing it gets. We had everyone vs Bournemouth and he still lost. Pre-season was shaky. Most of 2022 has been a sh*tshow.

He should be begging to be sacked so he can suggest it was unfair and get his mates in the media to salvage his career.

Give it a month, two or horrifically three, and none of this will be left and his career is over.

He should BEG to be sacked/leave mutually.

Personally, I doubt we'll see him manage again after Villa. He's a winner to be fair and he'll know he'll never be that as a manager at a high level so will disappear in to media.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Thing is this isnt a difficult sacking.

It is a simple decision and one which should be easy to deliver

It might be difficult just due to financials.   They might be negotiating with Gerrard and the multitude of back-room staff and coaches for a settlement.  

Gerrard is on £5m annually for another 18 months. That's £7.5m to pay solely him to leave. Easily £10m with all the other staff.  He might be holding out for the full sum.

Then a good new manager to be hired on possibly £10m.   

That's a lot of money to negotiate.

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Objectively he's had a good career as a manager. I think Gerrard would be fortunate to have a similar amount og success... 

I think, once departed from here, if he isn't going to Sly Sports/BT, he'd be well served by becoming a coach in the team of Klopp or Pep, or any truly top coach to learn a great deal. Otherwise he's bound to be a limited coach on the managerial merry go round. I'm pretty sure that Terry is a better coach than Gerrard for serving an apprenticeship. 

Gerrard's ego will prevent him from ever doing that. I reckon he's absolutely convinced that he's an elite manager. It's the same trait that made him such a great player, but it's stopping him from becoming a great manager.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Maybe he's trying to get sacked now hence the photos of him in that pub and the confirmation that he was there from the pub itself. 

I once went to a pub with no intention of getting sacked. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

All these quotes are empty motivational esq lines. They have no meaning without evidence of work put in to it. 

it’s like me saying I have total trust I could bed Shakira, but in reality I’m sat here working from home in my PJs, overweight and with a face like a potato 

image.gif.131656363defbf8fb00496c9789a43f9.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So his "assistant" is probably getting the wolves job after leaving us. Gerrard stays to no doubt take us down.

You couldn't make it up.....I guess my rangers season ticket holder mate was right when he said if Beale didn't come to Villa, that Gerrrard would fail.

Â