Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Herman22 said:

I’m so confused about Gerard. He talks a really good game. He has the players to be doing so much better. It’s just not working. 

If there was a coherent plan that just wasn’t working I would be more understanding. But it all seems to be ad hoc. And more worrying there seems to be no ideas about how to fix the problems! 

He won’t last much longer if things don’t change quickly! 

I think the word is, and I don't use it lightly, charlatan.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He will want to do so, but ultimately purslow answers to the owners and they call the shots 

It will depend upon how much Nas and Wes trust Purslow. They’ve left the club in his hands pretty much. Let’s hope they have enough spare time to be active owners now.

He's going to be given time. So people need to not get overly stressed about that. Just get to the acceptance stage. If there's a change it'll come during or just before the world cup. I Gerrard can get 2 draws or a win from next 4 games he'll not be sacked over the international break

• Shocked 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

He's going to be given time. So people need to not get overly stressed about that. Just get to the acceptance stage. If there's a change it'll come during or just before the world cup. I Gerrard can get 2 draws or a win from next 4 games he'll not be sacked over the international break

In your opinion 😉

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Steve Bruce MK2 

Can't coach 

Always needs another player 

Good for a quote

Bruce did a reasonable job at steadying things post Di Matteo... He is not a good coach, but wasn't destructive. 

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why are you posting twitter bullshit?

Remi Garde had 2 wins 6 draws and 12 losses from 20 games

Gerrard has 11 wins and 5 draws from 31 or 32 games

I believe he’s saying he’ll have the highest loss percentage of any manager if Gerrard loses the next 2.

7 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’m so confused about Gerard. He talks a really good game. He has the players to be doing so much better. It’s just not working. 

If there was a coherent plan that just wasn’t working I would be more understanding. But it all seems to be ad hoc. And more worrying there seems to be no ideas about how to fix the problems! 

He won’t last much longer if things don’t change quickly! 

He's had 25 years of media training. He's only been a manager for a couple years. 

The whole package is off with this guy.

Alienated and devalued half the team.

Tactics dropping everyone's individual performances to about 60% of their potential, if not less. 

No evidence that he can manipulate a game with subtle changes to shape/system/subs.

Poor management of youth integration.

Stubborn with team selection. 

He needs to go - this shouldn't be happening after being at a club for nearly a year.

Also, three loses out of four from our relatively kind opening fixtures is a huge red flag to me. 

He'll probably get until the world cup though. 

• Like 1

I don't even think he's lost the players. They are carrying out his instructions, putting in a shift physically. I just think he's completely clueless. 

Played right into Moyes hands. First half was happy to play keep away and turned Villa Park into a library. Then when Moyes upped the tempo and he just did nothing. What's the point of being on the touchline if you have absolutely zero effect on the game.   

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What an utterly depressing and terrifying thought

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If Gerrard can’t get any points against a rubbish West Ham, how in the world is he getting points against anybody else.

Today he lost the game when he took off Luiz. Everybody said it when he did it. It proves that he have no idea what he is doing, and that is not going to change.

He is so bad that any average poster on VillaTalk would do a better job.

Yes, it is a problem that people in charge do not see what have been obvious for month. Silently accepting that we are going to lose a lot of more games, is not something I’m going to do.

• Like 1

Â