Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, holteend1982 said:

He said he wanted to see a reaction and would make changes then made only 1 change and kept that lightweight midfield. 

There's definitely a gap between the rhetoric and the actions. It's looking a bit amateur. 

Just now, Mantis said:

He's regressing just like Smith did. Don't know what the problem is.

Think currently this has feel of Tim Sherwood mark 2. We played well first 4-5 games and had dose of optimism but it's quickly getting worse game by game and dosen't feel like he has knowledge to turn this around.

We'll still be o.k but finishing 14th on 38-40 points isn't a job well done at all imo.

• Like 2

This thread is going to be toxic but its not without reason I'm sorry to say. But the people who will say "this has been as bad as anything xxx served up" are right.

Our strikers are a mess. We have no idea who to play or how to play them. But we still have enough quality to get better results and performances that we're getting.

Gerrard is definitely under pressure now, rightly or wrongly. We have no excuses whatsoever for the recent drop in form. Will we ever get it right at Aston Villa? So much disillusionment. 

• Like 1

Shit as per usual. The whole spell has been poor and is looking like a huge fraud, Gerrard will pop out some soundbites again though to make sure he sounds good and con people into thinking things are okay. The subs today were mental. 

Purslow was desperate to get his mate in and this is what we're stuck with. 

3 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

He said he wanted to see a reaction and would make changes then made only 1 change and kept that lightweight midfield. We was all over them for majority of the game but I think his subs actually made us worse offf. 

I'd never call for a manager to be sacked after such a short period in charge, he has to be given a chance to implement his ways but these past few games been nowhere near good enough and he has to get a grip sooner rather than later. 

Yet another manager who will end up losing his job if he continues to persist with McGinn.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Think currently this has feel of Tim Sherwood mark 2. We played well first 4-5 games and had dose of optimism but it's quickly getting worse game by game and dosen't feel like he has knowledge to turn this around.

We'll still be o.k but finishing 14th on 38-40 points isn't a job well done at all imo.

I think the Sherwood comparisons are a bit off. I'm rapidly losing faith in Gerrard however, although I also don't think Gerrard is the only problem. The players, barring a couple of exceptions, are a bunch of pathetic, weak losers as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We are in a rut at the moment and hopefully he can turn things around but if things don't improve between now and the end of the season then the man who should have got the job after Dean Smith in Lucien Favre is still available.

I always thought Hasenhuttl would've been a good pick up for us. Southampton are up and down but they're on a nice little run currently and looking good for top 10 finish so rather than just throw another 30-40m at their players I'd rather just get him in as think he'd work well with this squad.

Just limping through now until end of season isn't good enough. Endless talk of DMs and fudging that for yet another transfer window isn't a good look but our attacking play was pathetic today so can't pin it all on that.

• Like 3

It’s not clear at all how he wants us to play. We’re back to the CB’s hitting it long again,  the middle 3 don’t seem to be part of the game other than being general bodies on the pitch. We’ve got Buendia and Coutinho amongst our front 3 yet they’re having to come back to fight for a touch. We seem to play like an away team every game.

I was surprised when he was all happy and  smiles after the Leeds collapse. Didn't scan with his previous comments on high standards. Very disappointed when he went with the flood the field with attackers approach 2nd half today. Just screamed clueless and I have no faith in us being able break Watford down. 

• Like 2

Â