Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Here we are again Gary lineker :-

"Stephen Gerard's Aston Villa" 

Really fecks me off !!!

It annoyed me at first but now I quite like it.

Plus Chelsea were referred to as Thomas Tuchel’s the other day. Think its common to be honest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Really fecks me off !!!

I noticed that and said to the lad "oh, we're Steve Gerrard's Aston Villa now." 

Edited by sidcow

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't really care that they do because the actual subject of that sentence Steven Gerrard treats the club with the utmost respect and would never give it the biggun. 

And i think he will be the man who will put a stop to all the pundits saying " villa are a huge huge club " . Because  by the time he leaves us we actually will be punching our weight. Not above  not below . But actually punching our weight. 

Loving him so far. He is a serious f**king guy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Ridiculous.

Gerrard is super lucky to even be here.

The Villa job is one of the most sought after jobs in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/01/2022 at 12:52, OhioVilla said:

Truly, and I know others will strongly disagree with me, I think he's the best thing to happen to the club over the past 22 years.

A manager with real drawing power, ambition and surrounds himself with a strong staff that is great at building relationships with players. He's the one to stop Villa from being a stepping stone and turn us back into a real giant of the game.

Why 22 years?

Also, best thing would have to be NSWE, surely?

Showed some bollocks taking this job.

Showing some bollocks by taking on his own 'no excuses' mantra this month.

Coutinho, Digne, Bissouma would be an astonishing window. One that I'd have thought impossible to be honest.

If we get those three, the points tally should be taking as sharp an upturn as the wage bill.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I wish the press would have guessed that we’d be out buying players like Digne and Coutinho when SG arrived. Mainly because such stories would have involved the word ‘warchest’, which I always enjoy. 

You and me both! Bonus points for when it is deployed with other classic terms "braced for bid" "shocked the football world" etc 

• Like 1

On 08/01/2022 at 19:33, hippo said:

Really fecks me off !!!

Was it because he pronounced it Stephen instead of Steven?

• Haha 1

On 08/01/2022 at 18:39, WallisFrizz said:

Plus Chelsea were referred to as Thomas Tuchel’s the other day. Think its common to be honest.

its just trendy media speak....its no disrespect to us.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Coutinho, Digne, Bissouma would be an astonishing window. One that I'd have thought impossible to be honest.

If we get those three, the points tally should be taking as sharp an upturn as the wage bill.

very apt post that...great resume.

4 minutes ago, a-k said:

So NSWE didn't have any ambition under Dean Smith? Bollocks

I don't think that's what the tweet is stating. We were ambitious under Smith, but he didn't have enough pull to attract players such as Coutinho. It's a domino effect. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Good post!

Head coaches tend to have about three years or less in a job, then it's all change .... that's the nature of things in this league with one or two notable exceptions.

It's not surprising that NSWE/Purslow have recognised the pressing need to get the most they can out of Gerrard's reputation amongst top footballers as a magnet to improve our team.

Our owner's ability to bankroll these top signings will not go unnoticed by talented players and their agents. NSWE/GERRARD make a very potent combination. SG is the key to open doors that allow Purslow and co to sign players who wouldn't even have talked to us previously.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2022 at 18:39, WallisFrizz said:

Of course it is. They always say a managers team. Some of our fans are ridiculously precious. 

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's been here 2 months and we've gave a few of them a bloody nose.

What are you expecting here?

I'm just saying I'm getting very frustrated leaving good performances with no points. Not saying I'm anti Gerrard, generally love what he's doing.

Â