Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Yes there is you lazy non googling posting dickhead...

First chance I've had to watch the full press conference and obviously it is almost impossible to glean anything useful from a first press conference but I was very pleased with how they controlled the narrative and shut down the wanking over Liverpool as quickly as possible every time one of the journalists tried to start it.

Good job Gerrard and Purslow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I dont see anything saying Nakamba is out?

He was meant to have been injured on international duty, maybe it wasn't bad and he's ok. I'd almost rather he wasn't so Steve is forced to look beyond our current largely crap senior midfield options.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Clearly a Purslow signing this, he looks chuffed. Just look at the difference on Lange compared to when we made previous signings .

This guy is something else -Johan Lange, how he managed to keep things  tight lipped is amazing. We are on the up! UTV : r/avfc

Don Lange is always happy.

The press conference was merely a time to not let his radiant personality overshadow Robo Purslow and our new Northern Overlord.

All Hail Don Lange.

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"we will become a possession based team" liking what I'm hearing so far from Gerrard. Really hope he succeeds at Villa, he looks like a no nonsense type of manager too. Quite excited to see what he can do for us.

Edited by supermon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

"we will become a possession based team" liking what I'm hearing so far from Gerrard. Really hope he succeeds at Villa, he looks like a no nonsense type of manager too. Quite excited to see what he can do for us.

Wait until he sees our midfield try and string a couple of 5 yard passes together... 

Personally in the last days of Smith I always pointed the finger at the players, at our core we have a Brazilian and Scottish international, mcginn in particular was around 75% for completed passes, I don't consider coaching at this level having to coach these players to successfully make a 5 yard pass to an open team mate, that should be a given, yet we can't 

Sounds like we are about to see of it is the coaching 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Wait until he sees our midfield try and string a couple of 5 yard passes together... 

Personally in the last days of Smith I always pointed the finger at the players, at our core we have a Brazilian and Scottish international, mcginn in particular was around 75% for completed passes, I don't consider coaching at this level having to coach these players to successfully make a 5 yard pass to an open team mate, that should be a given, yet we can't 

Sounds like we are about to see of it is the coaching 

Is it coaching or training?  Our players always seem to be a yard slower than the opposition. Or are they just shit?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

He sounds professional and determined, but it remains to be seen if his take no prisoners, 'elite expectations' will be met by the players. Only takes one bad egg, as Gabby will attest. Hope he succeeds and I'm sure I'll come round if he does, but it's weird that it's him. He isn't easy to love, however sure-footed he sounds.  

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He sounds professional and determined, but it remains to be seen if his take no prisoners, 'elite expectations' will be met by the players. Only takes one bad egg, as Gabby will attest. Hope he succeeds and I'm sure I'll come round if he does, but it's weird that it's him. He isn't easy to love, however sure-footed he sounds.  

He isn't hard to love.

Personally I think he is very lovely and cuddly.

Â