Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

5 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Iroegbunam hasn't played a single minute of senior football and people want him to start what's perhaps the most important game of the season so far?spacer.png

Yep, I’m hoping he starts too. We don’t have a fit senior DM, so only other option is maybe playing Axel out of position there - quite possible imo. 

New coaches have six weeks to see whether the youth are up to it before reshaping the squad in Jan. Hoping a few of them get a proper chance and the only way to do that is throwing them in at the deep end. 

• Shocked 1

On 11/11/2021 at 18:10, a m ole said:

I’ve wanted to see this with Sanson instead of Nakamba since the summer, would be a great way to kick off the Gerrard era with our strongest XI from game one.

Something Smith didn't have the luxury of doing and you'd think vital for Gerrard in the next few fixtures

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yep, I’m hoping he starts too. We don’t have a fit senior DM, so only other option is maybe playing Axel out of position there - quite possible imo. 

New coaches have six weeks to see whether the youth are up to it before reshaping the squad in Jan. Hoping a few of them get a proper chance and the only way to do that is throwing them in at the deep end. 

Yep, I just can’t see that even crossing Gerrard’s mind in the first game.  Not only that but he probably hasn’t even seen enough of him to even think about it, he’ll want to assess the younger players close up on the training ground before that I would assume.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nakamba is injured.

Take your pick, three from McGinn, J Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, A Ramsey, Young, Iroegbanum or maybe Buendia or Tuanzebe.

The big problem in that list is finding a midfield with a balance - I think we'll sacrifice McGinn's endeavour and put him in a withdrawn role - he's half the player in that position, but twice as good an option as Young or Tuanzebe.

January can't come soon enough.

Good luck gaffer!

i hope we arent living in a world where Young is considered a central midfielder......