Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

Watkins on the left will be fine but he needs to stop feeling sorry for himself now he's not the main man and be a team player with Ings in the same side. There has been a lot of times this season where he's resisted the chance to pass to Ings when he's been in a better position. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Watkins on the left will be fine but he needs to stop feeling sorry for himself now he's not the main man and be a team player with Ings in the same side. There has been a lot of times this season where he's resisted the chance to pass to Ings when he's been in a better position. 

I'd say all of the front 3 are the " Main man " if i'm honest.

Whichever one excels the most is up to them.

I'm hoping there will be alot of interchanging as well.

Re not passing sometimes, I'd say that's more " Strikers " instinct, or being desperate for a goal, than malice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

Much more likely for Watkins to wing and Ings central if its 4-3-3, imo.

At Rangers they set up more like 4-3-2-1 with two 10’s. More likely Ings and Buendia play as 10’s, imo. 

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

After waking up still not excited by the last week or two, I’m now at the ground, got to my usual seat and now getting excited. Looking forward to it, now let’s get this going Gerrard!

509326B9-9C99-4445-8227-24D41904A146.jpeg

Your seat appears to be outside the ground?

• Haha 3

Watkins off the left is the way to go but it isn’t a long term solution. He’s perfect out there at the moment because he’s fast, strong, works hard and has a goal in him. 

Technically, he’s far from being the required standard for a winger that will help us push the top 8. 

Just another problem we caused ourselves in the summer when we signed 2 right sided attackers and a striker when we needed two central midfielders and a left sided forward to replace Grealish. Unfortunately, one or even two, of Bailey, Traore, Buendia, Ings and Watkins will be benched every week.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Watkins off the left is the way to go but it isn’t a long term solution. He’s perfect out there at the moment because he’s fast, strong, works hard and has a goal in him. 

Technically, he’s far from being the required standard for a winger that will help us push the top 8. 

Just another problem we caused ourselves in the summer when we signed 2 right sided attackers and a striker when we needed two central midfielders and a left sided forward to replace Grealish. Unfortunately, one or even two, of Bailey, Traore, Buendia, Ings and Watkins will be benched every week.

Watkins could easily be played left, that was my first though but the 2 10s thing with Ings and Buendia in there and Watkins up top is very nice.