Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

There’s so much up in the air on this one… we don’t even know who our manager will be. Strange but exciting times! 
I’ve got a ticket so quite excited. Also taking a mate who has never been to a football match before! (I’m hoping he catches the Villa bug (not Covid) and becomes a full on Villan)

• Like 3

No idea here. You'd think he won't tinker massively. But because we do know how to play 433 you'd think he'll go 433 as that's his preferred formation by all accounts. I'm kind of hoping we go Bailey Watkins Buendia up top with McGinn Luiz in the centre. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes defensive with Marvelous and gives the more advanced midfield role to McGinn. The back 4 picks itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

No idea here. You'd think he won't tinker massively. But because we do know how to play 433 you'd think he'll go 433 as that's his preferred formation by all accounts. I'm kind of hoping we go Bailey Watkins Buendia up top with McGinn Luiz in the centre. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes defensive with Marvelous and gives the more advanced midfield role to McGinn. The back 4 picks itself.

I’ve wanted to see this with Sanson instead of Nakamba since the summer, would be a great way to kick off the Gerrard era with our strongest XI from game one.

This game is a gift from God tbh. Brighton had a great start but haven't won since mid September. I watched them v Newcastle at the weekend they were terrible.

I am presuming there 1st choice keeper misses this game as he got a straight red.

We should have a few back from injury and everybody keen to impress the new boss.

I'm expecting a pretty easy 2 or 3 -0 win.

• Like 1

Bailey - Ings - Watkins

Luiz - Mcginn - Ramsey

Targett - Mings - Konsa - Cash

Emi

Buendia on the bench. Think this 11 will mirror what Gerrard wants, lots of energy to press the opposition and if we get it right bloody fast on the counter. 

Wouldnt be at all surprised if we start seeing much more of the likes of Chuky and JPB instead of Nakamba and El ghazi (both I expect to move in January, maybe loans). It was really frustrating seeing Smith play these players clearly not of the grade instead of giving our exciting prospects a fair crack of it. Id assume this was heavily talked about in Gerrards remit. In the Grealish interview about the replacements from the board the emphasis was also on the exciting youngsters coming through. Gerrard will be expected to get them blooded in i'd have thought.

So im expecting more substitute appearances from the youth on the bench. Hopfully this starts against Brighton, would be a great statement of intent from SG for the young players if a couple can get on.