Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nice that here are no favorites.

The likes of McGinn and Watkins can actually be dropped and that's OK. The world isn't gonna end.

I don't think Watkins should be dropped, based on his brilliant goals scored stats last season when he was the only centre forward. This season he hasn't had the same service without the creative Grealish. And although McGinn has given the ball away a few too many times he's been pretty good overall this season. Who would we replace him with anyway, when Sanson is eternally injured/unavailable for whatever reason and Buendia should be on the wing, his natural position, rather than central midfield? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well it would for this match, we’re struggling to name a starting 11 as it is!

Good we're not playing Man City then.

Remember what Mr. Gerrard said. No excuse culture.

Edited by villalad21

Midfield is a bit of an issue but we should be able to cover this. I'd have liked to see Doug make a good start under SG. 

I I'd like this:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Chuk McGinn Ramsey

Watkins Ings Buendia

Subs: Steer Young Hause Tuanzebe ElGhazi Bailey Archer

SG plays the front three narrow usually so you need full backs and midfields to create width. I think both JJ and Chuk could do that. It means asking McGinn to be disciplined and stay back which isn't his best trait. Perhaps Tuanzebe could play DM with McGinn taking Chuk's spot but that might look too 5 at the back to some on paper. 

There's no doubt if we feed that front 3 we will score goals. It's a 100m attacking line up. We just need to make sure we keep the ball out of the net at the other end. 

12 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Think we are going to have a problem in midfield if Nakamba, Luiz and Sanson are all out.

Ramsey, McGinn and? 

i know he picked up a knock, but gerrard made no mention of nakamba yesterday. he confirmed luiz and sanson are both out. i think he'll play

Buendia in mid 3 and McGinn and Watkins behind Ings. Basically McGinn role for Scotland and fits with Gerrard 2 10's behind a striker and Buendia was good pulling strings deeper at Norwich in a "quarterback" role. Midfield could get overrun but would be happy with Ramsey and Chuk there