Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Douglas Luiz is indoors at Bodymoor today on the watt bike - if he doesn't make Saturday, depending on Sanson we're really going to be struggling.

If Sanson makes it, then Sanson, Ramsey and McGinn is passable - if Sanson doesn't make it then I'm not sure what we do. I really don't want to see McGinn put back into the deeper role where he's completely ineffective, but I guess we'd have to.

New manager, same problem.

Our only other options for midfield would be Carney or Young, with McGinn playing in the deeper role.  Or as a final option, Axel as the deep lying midfielder?  It’s not great is it.

Let’s hope Luiz, Nakamba, Sanson, all pass fit. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Our only options for midfield would be Carney or Young, with McGinn playing in the deeper role.  Or as a final option, Axel as the deep lying midfielder?  It’s not great is it.

Let’s hope Luiz, Nakamba, Sanson, all pass fit. 

Surely gerrard won't play young there...

50 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

135/1 

Couldn't resist it, had a sneaky tenner on it.

ffs i have to now...ah the life of a compulsive gambler

back OT i think ramsey will start, especially after his good game the other night. mcginn plus i think either marv or luiz will be fit

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

ffs i have to now...ah the life of a compulsive gambler

back OT i think ramsey will start, especially after his good game the other night. mcginn plus i think either marv or luiz will be fit

Mine was chuk to score plus 2-0, Ramsey to get the other and the youth juggernaut begins.

Could be one for Tim Iroegbunam in this case, rather than playing Carney plus a player out of position in DM, or a player out of position in DM with Young also out of position in CM. If nothing else at least Iroegbunam is a natural in the position but yeah, not ideal either way really.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Adman said:

Anyone think Konsa would be a good DCM?

I think he’d be fine there, but then who plans CB? If we’re shoehorning players in to DM I’d rather it was Tuanzebe as I think he has more attributes for that role, and it’s doesn’t break up the Mings Konsa partnership which to be fair has worked well for the most part.

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he’d be fine there, but then who plans CB? If we’re shoehorning players in to DM I’d rather it was Tuanzebe as I think he has more attributes for that role, and it’s doesn’t break up the Mings Konsa partnership which to be fair has worked well for the most part.

I said when we had him on loan last time, that I thought he’d make a decent dm. He does carry the ball well, and he’s quite agile for a defender. I’d rather him there than Ashley Young.

• Like 1

With Luiz, Sanson and Nakamba all looking likely to be out, I guess the options are playing one of Tuanzebe/Hause further forward or playing Buendia ahead of McGinn and Ramsey with Ings, Watkins and Bailey up front. Either way, not sure this is going to be the positive start we all wanted.