Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m sure I heard he got a knock on international duty?

I read somewhere he came off but it was just cramp. Or that's what I thought. 

On this point did SG do the usual manager PC where he talks about who's available or not? I didn't see one. 

Just now, Herman22 said:

On this point did SG do the usual manager PC where he talks about who's available or not? I didn't see one. 

I think there’s been one but offline for some reason. BM seemed to have some quotes from him about the game. 

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Yes.Apparently Sanson and Doug are definately not playing,everyone else is ok although he did say that  Bailey will start on the bench as he will not have enough recovery time.

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Yes.Apparently Sanson and Doug are definately not playing,everyone else is ok although he did say that  Bailey will start on the bench as he will not have enough recovery time.

was this Gerrard in the pre match presser? (i cant even find the pre match conference!?!?)

No mention of Nakamba's injury so he must be fit. I think he will go 4-3-3 at home.

Martinez

Cash / Konsa / Mings / Targett

Ramsey / Nakamba / McGinn

Buendia / Ings / Watkins

Not convinced Nakamba can play the role that Gerrard wants in that position but don't think he's got any other option. Would love him to stick one of the under 23's in that CM position and for them to have a worldie.

Got a good feeling about this game, think it'll be tight but we will win 1-0 or 2-0.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Some good news. Their goalie is suspended and looks like both of their backup goals have never played a game for them before or played in this league.. 

This gives me encouragement.

you know he is gonna have a worldie then...right?

Right then, so there's the easy bit:

-----------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

Cash-----------Konsa-------------Mings---------Targett

-----------------------------xxxxxxxx-----------------------------

-------------------McGinn---------Ramsey-------------------

Buendia----------------------------------------------Watkins       

---------------------------------Ings--------------------------------

So erm....

• Iroegbanum?
  • Tuanzebe?
  • Bogarde?

It's a great big hole and a massive problem foe us.

I guess you can put McGinn and Ramsey deeper and add Chukwuemeka or Young to the midfield - but in doing so you end up with half a McGinn and very little cover for the back four. I have a feeling that Gerrard might surprise us with a formation in which Young starts - so:

-----------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

Cash-----------Konsa-------------Mings---------Targett

---------------McGinn----Young-----Ramsey------------

Buendia----------------------------------------------Watkins       

------------------------------Ings-----------------------------------

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Some good news. Their goalie is suspended and looks like both of their backup goals have never played a game for them before or played in this league.. 

This gives me encouragement.

Time for him to have a complete worldie and the lad who hasn't scored in 17 months to rocket one in on the half volley from 25 yards with his weak foot.

I wonder if Carney or Tim might get the nod you know. I think Carney is the best suited after Luiz to do what Gerrard wants in that role. He's not far off Glen Kamara's style in possession. So so comfortable on the ball.

Tuanzebe is an option. Makes me nervous does Axel. He's either brilliant or naff.

McGinn is the safe option though. Gerrard I don't think will have this idea he loses much from McGinn. Hope he's watched all our games back...