The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

I think this is the best choice available that would want to come to Villa right now. It's a simple as that. Has had success at a big club (albeit in a shit league), and I think he can get the youngsters playing. I'm super supportive of this.

I hope that Liverpool come and steal him in 4 years time... That'll be a great result for Villa if he ends up being that good...

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Good luck with it Eastie. My mother in law had one and it was like a dream, straight in, straight out walking in days. So fingers crossed it’s like that for you mate.

Cheers mate 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Whatever you think about Gerrard, Purslow or Lange, you can’t knock how this appointment has been managed if it happens.

Look at how Norwich are going, trying to find a replacement for a manager that they sacked after a win, when they didn’t even have a replacement lined up.

We identified a target and it looks like we’ve moved quickly to bring him, and his backroom team, to the club.

Norwich don't have the same pull though. 

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Wonder how Deano feels about being replaced by someone as inexperienced as Gerrard. And I'm not saying it's not the right appointment.

Hopefully he's reflecting on his continued use of 5 at the back whilst trying to crowbar 2 strikers in.   His experience didn't give him enough to change it up and save his own job. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I knew you’d come back 😁- is it Kessler ? 

Ha eastie I can’t keep saying no because we will run out lol . I only came back on to say thanks for the support from thabucks.you have been great also .I’m just nervous in case me saying anything can damage his chance to progress here and get him into trouble .UTV

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

£3m is enough to buy four new players and probably pay their electric bill for a year up in Scotland.

Just watched a bbc Scotland reporter saying rangers literally need the cash to keep the lights on - they have some major debts apparently 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

They’re talking to Lampard.

Difference being the Villa job is a no brainer. 

Norwich job managers will have serious doubts about. You know relegation is almost a certainty and they don't spend much. 

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

ada:   Gerrard is at VP.   Blah blah blah...someone will make the first team...blah blah.

VT:   Fine, but what exactly is it you're trying to tell us?   We can't understand.

ada:  There you go attacking me again.  You're mean.   If I told you more I'd violate someone's confidence.   Blah Blah...will make the first team...agent...blah blah.

mqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I think this is the best choice available that would want to come to Villa right now. It's a simple as that. Has had success at a big club (albeit in a shit league), and I think he can get the youngsters playing. I'm super supportive of this.

I hope that Liverpool come and steal him in 4 years time... That'll be a great result for Villa if he ends up being that good...

Our aim should to be to surpass Liverpool in 4 years time not be a nursery for their new manager!

• Like 2

We really need to give it a rest with the inexperienced nonsense. It doesn't stack up.

There are plenty of managers who've been successful with far less experience than SPL winner and Europa League experienced, Steven Gerrard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1