The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Certainly think that simply being Gerrard will possibly impress any potential signings into signing. Having a football legend like that on the opposite side of the table, sometimes swings a signing that might not have made it over the line otherwise.

Edited by meregreen

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

despite gerrard and his coaching staff being in london and all reputable journos saying it's likely, rangers fans have got quite an impressive level of denial i must say

Oh I think we set the bar when it came to denial with Grealish.

• Haha 2

Just now, troon_villan said:

He's had the same haircut for 15 years, how do we know this is recent?

Its at least fairly recent as of the last two years as there are face masks but you are right this could have been any time. Although it probably is from today given all the other news.

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

As someone who's never really rated Smith as much as most other people here, there are definitely some people who I feel are part of the hardcore Smith out crowd and have never said they backed him.

At the same time, there's a lot of people who are hardcore Smith in as well and to this day are showcasing their colours.

Not surprising really, people are commited to their agendas.

Oh I agree and I’m definitely in the latter category parading my colours and agenda.  That aside I really thought if they did get rid of Smith, which I knew was a possibility, I thought they would go for it and get in somebody good, hopefully next level.  That’s what’s so disappointing about the Gerrard rumours.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Worrying isn’t it when you think of it like that. Wonder what it tells us!

it's not that they don't get poached they go on to do sod all elsewhere ...just in recent times Garde , Sherwood , Lambert , Mcleish 

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Sorry but Ashley Preece has clearly just been studying Twitter ITK, Sky Sports News and this forum and decided to “break” the story. Still not convinced. 

Preece a decent chap, but literally gets told fa from Villa

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, we should definitely be in a mood with Smith making Villa into a holiday camp based on our weird interpretation of a "quote" that a bloke at The Times has made up.

Think it were a quote from a club source - sounds Purslow-esque. We shall see in what's trotted out to the press soon....

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Oh I agree and I’m definitely in the latter category parading my colours and agenda.  That aside I really thought if they did get rid of Smith, which I knew was a possibility, I thought they would go for it and get in somebody good, hopefully next level.  That’s what’s so disappointing about the Gerrard rumours.

Nobody knows how successful he’ll be at VP. Nobody knows how successful any manager will be, whoever they are. All we can do is give them the best support we’ve got.

• Like 2