The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I can just about live with a Scouser at the helm, but he’s pushing his luck bringing that cockney weasel with him. If we haven’t won at least a throw in within the first 10 minutes at The Amex I want them both out. 

That going to be difficult considering we’re playing Brighton at home

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well, at least we've had time to sort ourselves into camps, imagine how annoying it would be if we had to wait and see how he performed before flinging their hot mess at one another. This way we can get straight down to business. 

Looking forward to it. 

Could you drop a message in here when we're allowed to have opinions? Thanks in advance

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If this Michael Beale is the greatest coach since sliced bread then why do we need Gerrard. Could have just brought him in for Smith if that was the case

Lerner wanted Klinnsmann after 2006 WC when anyone who knew anything about German national team knew that Loew was the brains and Klinnsmann was just the face/voice. Same with Robertson and MON, Taylor and Clough etc etc etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier in the thread, but what formation does Gerrard normally play at Rangers?

Always 4-3-3. Midfield very narrow. Full backs pushed on where their deliveries are incredible. Focal point is Morelos up front with two other forward players interchangeable. When opposing team on ball, the two front players work like trojans to help out midfield the regain ball. Think Liverpool set up with slightly less talented individuals. Home and away. Even European away games against Benfica, Porto etc, they set up this way. I always think they dominate ball and are very hard to play through as the midfield three is so compact and tight. To me, the real star in that three is Kamara. Said it before, this guy is a star. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Could you drop a message in here when we're allowed to have opinions? Thanks in advance

I'll be handing out tokens. Just finalising the contract with a manufacturer and I'll have them ready to go by Friday.

In the meanwhile you'll just have to use your initiative I'm afraid. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Im guessing if he manages to get us European football in 2 years it'll be the most inexperienced manager to ever get a team there by far.

didnt Sherwood qualify Spurs for Europe

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm still hoping this is Percy being fed bullshit, like when he was certain we were in for Abraham then Ings came out of nowhere.

Favre popping up at the back post tomorrow? I can only hope

Could have been a line to try and engineer our actual targets too. The media aren’t as clued up as they think. Unless the leaks are from Gerrard’s camp. 

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well, at least we've had time to sort ourselves into camps. Imagine how annoying it would be if we had to wait and see how he performed before flinging our hot mess at one another. This way we can get straight down to business. 

Looking forward to it. 

I’m going to apply to the “support Gerrard” camp. 

spacer.png

(don’t ask me why this gif exists)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lerner wanted Klinnsmann after 2006 WC when anyone who knew anything about German national team knew that Loew was the brains and Klinnsmann was just the face/voice. Same with Robertson and MON, Taylor and Clough etc etc etc

Yes that’s generally how it works and often neither of them are quite the same without the other. Although Fergie changed coaches quite frequently, I don’t think any of the coaches went on to really do any good as managers. It’s a different mind set. 

If he's in, hopefully he'll be judged on what he's doing here. Surely that's only fair. As much as I'd rather go for someone like Farve, Emery etc, managers with good reps have failed. He could be propped up falsely in a poor league or he could just click with us like Moyes has at West Ham. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not sure if he was in contention but he certainly distanced himself from the Newcastle job. Why would he do that and then consider Villa? Not saying we are a step down from Newcastle because we certainly aren’t. Both big historic clubs, big support , plenty of potential and money . Why maybe us and not them.

Toon are in serious threat of relegation. We are a step above that 

• Like 1