The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, smg said:

How long before the Gerrard out gang start up on here ? Anything short of European qualifying form in the first 6 matches and the knives will be out and we will back to where we were last week with Dean on here. I actually think it is impossible to find a manager who would be universally accepted. Ten Haag is the dream of many, but it’s only that, we are not that attractive to foreign managers having a run in the Champions League, despite the fact we won in 1982. Whoever it is there is going to be disappointment.

We will be getting comparisons to Dean for years to come

4 minutes ago, smg said:

How long before the Gerrard out gang start up on here ? Anything short of European qualifying form in the first 6 matches and the knives will be out and we will back to where we were last week with Dean on here. I actually think it is impossible to find a manager who would be universally accepted. Ten Haag is the dream of many, but it’s only that, we are not that attractive to foreign managers having a run in the Champions League, despite the fact we won in 1982. Whoever it is there is going to be disappointment.

``You can't please all of the people all of the time''.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, smg said:

I think Erik Ten Hag, would be the popular choice, but no guarantee's either if we got him.

who ever comes in, needs to make an immediate impact of immpression on the players, we are flirting with relegation.

It will take a manager with boat loads of belief, if he gives up trophies to come here.....but it spells to me, fighter.....someone up for the scrap, and believe me if anyone needs that right now, its us.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, smg said:

How long before the Gerrard out gang start up on here ? 

Seemingly not that long after the "How long before the Gerrard out" gang start up themselves

Edited by abdomlahor

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

That’s a fair point. Lot of Villa fans getting their knickers in a twist about Gerrard having one eye on Liverpool. So bloody what. I’ll reiterate as I’ve said to a few mates, he doesn’t get close to the Liverpool gig if he doesn’t do well at Villa.

so bloody obvious to me....by that time, leaving us in a good position, to recruit well.......win/win.

• Like 1

Just now, ReasonforRevolution said:

Anyone remember the Gerrard tackle on Boateng in our 3-1 win at Anfield?

Boateng is currently U23 coach. 👀

I'm not sure if normal human beings are actually as dramatic as us if i'm honest.

They are Footballers, things happen in the heat of passion and football, both now grown men who have long moved on.

Tyson bit off Holyfields ear ffs and they are mates now. lol

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have some players of the past, who wouldn't pass the temperance Society test, so I think this finger pointing from some is misplaced.

I know things from the past first hand, that are unprintable, but I would just say this to folk.

unless you are prepared to hang, some of your past heroes....best keep schtum.

None of us are skeleton free....best stick to football, and not personal lives.

I don't separate the art from the person and I'm not going to turn a blind eye to shithousery just because somebody was good at something. Gerrard has enough negative aspects of his personality, as demonstrated on the pitch and off it, in my opinion, that I don't want him managing the club. 

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm intrigued and excited by Gerrard. But if he wasn't Steven Gerrard, would we really be going for or getting excited about the manager of rangers? 

If he was someone we hadn't really heard of, and had the same managerial career as Gerrard, I doubt there would be many getting excited about it. 

So whilst I'm intrigued and excited by the prospect, is being Steven Gerrard enough? 

Put it this way, if Dean Smith was in charge of Rangers for those 3 years, does anybody think he would do worse than Gerrard did? I'd hang my hat on him getting at least the 1 trophy. And I don't say this because he's Dean Smith but because he was the manager of Aston Villa that we just sacked and are looking to upgrade on. Not much evidence to argue appointing Gerrard would constitute that upgrade, nor is there any to allay fears that it could be a disaster. Intriguing sure, but hardly fills you with confidence.

• Like 4

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not sure if normal human beings are actually as dramatic as us if i'm honest.

They are Footballers, things happen in the heat of passion and football, both now grown men who have long moved on.

Tyson bit off Holyfields ear ffs and they are mates now. lol

😂😂😂😂 Great ice-breaker though. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Paul Merson:

"If he (Steven Gerrard) can get a job like Aston Villa - wow. I don't see how many times jobs like this come up. I was fortunate enough to play for Aston Villa for four years, this is a big football club, a massive football club."

Always have soft spot for Merse as he never has a bad word to say about us. Hope he is in a better place now.

• Like 1