Christmas 2021

sidcow

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

My ex who I had a FWB arrangement with got pregant despite being medically infertile and I wasn't down with that, so my family and I have fell out, broke up with my partner who I met after thge FWB arrangment ended but pre-pregnancy, so I think I'm going to sit at home, alone, researching how to tie hangman's knots and wondering where my life went wrong. **** Christmas.

Sorry to hear about the drama mate… but… you’re gonna have to step up and be a dad now (if you like it or not).

As has been said, once the dust has settled and you’ve got your head round the idea then you’ll see how being a parent is.

**** depressing.

Our house was supposed to be ready for Christmas so we invited my family over. It's not ready. We got Covid. 3 tests to travel. All cancelled.

Still living with wife's parents in rented house as they sold their house. It's awful.

• Sad 3

38 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

**** depressing.

Our house was supposed to be ready for Christmas so we invited my family over. It's not ready. We got Covid. 3 tests to travel. All cancelled.

Still living with wife's parents in rented house as they sold their house. It's awful.

Houses are never ready when they're meant to be, and you're doing it in COVID.  

Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Thanks for the messages guys, and sorry for spoiling the festive spirit, it wasn't my finest evening.

The good: Yesterday was the first time I haven't had a drink in probably the last year. Onto day 2 of putting my life back together.

All the best pal, and if you ever to talk then this forum is a great place to vent, or drop me a message. I won't be able to help as I have the emotional skills of a wombat, but it might be cathartic just to type it out :)

Ordered the standing prime rib today - on sale at $13.99 lb picking it up on Dec 23rd

The only shop around here that sells mince pies had sold out (according to their online system) But I got there and they had loads so I grabbed about 50 of them :hooray:

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The only shop around here that sells mince pies had sold out (according to their online system) But I got there and they had loads so I grabbed about 50 of them :hooray:

The wife's homemade mince pies only in this house. Bought ones cannot compare to their magnificence. 

• Like 2