Christmas 2021

sidcow

Time to open the thread, Christmas is here.  

Why? 

Is it because The German Market is open? 

Is it because the John Lewis Christmas advert has started? 

Is it because Sky are showing Christmas movies on their standard movie channels? 

Is it because I've seen some houses with lights on? 

No, it's because Mrs Sidcow has turned up with a bag of satsumas with the shopping. 

If you're going to slag off Christmas please don't bother replying and make your way directly to on topic you utterly miserable git. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We’ve had a couple of early morning raids on the shops for a couple of weekends and its paid off.

We’ve reduced the prezzie buying, going for a bit more quality and a lot less quality.

All good so far, and the booze cupboard is looking healthy too.

AND we have a turkey in the freezer.

Ready.

• Like 1

Got me and the fam a matching set of pajamas and slippers each including the dog. (pajamas for the dog, no slippers.) Also got my wife a framed photo print of the cable car in San Francisco which runs outside her grand-parents old place (Hyde Street.)

GUEST_621702e0-a6fe-44b0-a997-50e1e0ba2d GUEST_fd70fa25-2cf3-4123-ac62-92d9341fc1

After the last couple of pandemic years I realize it's so important to make memories and stopping in December to spend time with the family is the best thing. Sod the miserable gits - I will be decking the house full on Clark Griswold style.

Clak.jpg

• Like 1

I can’t eat many satsumas, I have a weird condition.

I never ever get headaches, but if I eat satsumas, and have coffee, and have sex, then I get an absolutely blinding painful instant migraine.

True story dat.

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I can’t eat many satsumas, I have a weird condition.

I never ever get headaches, but if I eat satsumas, and have coffee, and have sex, then I get an absolutely blinding painful instant migraine.

True story dat.

What if you change the order up? Sex, coffee then satsuma?

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

What if you change the order up? Sex, coffee then satsuma?

Well I think that could be fine in the short term, other than the cumulative effect of satsumas over Christmas.

Put it like this, its **** painful enough for me to just not bother eating satsumas more than about 2 or 3 per year.

• Like 1

It's my sons birthday on 11th November so Christmas doesn't even get a look in till after that.   Fortunately he's discovered clubbing so the only presents he wants is beer tokens. 

• Like 1

We’re going away the week before Christmas so have to be a bit more prepared this year.

We’ve ticked off most of the presents for the children already, and we have a turkey crown in the freezer. 

Decorations will go up weekend after the 1st as per usual. 

We’ve also got an ASDA delivery slot booked for late on the 23rd when i’ll get the beer I bought for Christmas but already drank replaced…

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's my sons birthday on 11th November so Christmas doesn't even get a look in till after that.   Fortunately he's discovered clubbing so the only presents he wants is beer tokens. 

My eldest sons birthday is the 3rd of December and my youngest is the 12th of December. Might as well turn me upside down and shake me for any spare money

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

My eldest sons birthday is the 3rd of December and my youngest is the 12th of December. Might as well turn me upside down and shake me for any spare money

Whose birthday is in March?  Yours or their mom?  

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsteak

My birthday is 11th January as a kid I got a lot of this is for Christmas and your birthday, pretty crap my sister is in June she had two lots of stuff

I always spend more on birthdays (my lads is Dec 15th) then I do on Christmas presents. Christmas is for the shops, birthdays are special dates 

9 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

the-nightmare-before-christmas-jack-skel

Good spot!

What I meant was, where once we’d have bought 3 or 4 kids toys, they now get a thirty quid cheese knife.

I hadn’t even realised there was such a thing as a thirty quid cheese knife! Apparently, that’s mid range.

Wasn’t allowed to hold the cheese knife in John Lewis, security apparently.

How much damage I could do with a cheese knife, I’m not sure. I wonder if Waitrose USA makes people hand in their cheese knives at entry?

I'm in the office tomorrow. I think I'm going to have to have some fried potatoes from the German Market for lunch.  Its about all I will buy from it these days. 

My lad walked through it last night on the way to Broad Street and kept on walking when he saw the price of the beer.