Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Smith is out of luck, the early goal  changed any chance we had of getting into the game given the confidence of the side. We do look totally disjointed and not well coached. El Ghazi needs to be subbed. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

45 minutes left for Smith I feel. Sorry , I dont blame him for the goal but these players have gone backwards individually and obviously collectively. That is on him. Love the bloke but the mojo is gone.

The owners know Smith wanted a 6, they tried to sign 3 different ones, surely they can see we're missing precisely that over a series of games. 

Freak goal, Smith put the right shape out, they've shat themselves and no-one wants the ball. 

If Smith gets sacked before the chance to fix things in Jan it's criminal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Time to do a young Mourinho and make a triple substitution now to completely change the game.

Can’t get worse so roll that dice Deano.

It's a shame we have to resort to that. What exactly do they get up to on the training pitch?

That corner, oh my god.  I've NEVER seen anything like it. 

Every single Villa player ended up IN FRONT of the near post except 1 stood on the penalty spot.  

I just don't see how that can happen in professional football? 

• Like 2

Just now, Danishlad said:

no, I thought at the time when shakespeare came that we just started to punt the ball into channels, it is like they are turning Mcginn into Drinkwater

Nah Smith has always had a stiffy for splitting the fullback and centreback.