Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Not sure he has said anything I disagree with

Didn’t care whether it was a penalty or not, Villa deserved it to be given cos we’re shite. Fine in the pub, but that ain’t a professional pundit judging by the rules of the game 

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

A couple of things I guess, first one that we shouldn't ignore - Arsenal have been brilliant - they've got everything right.

thats because we let them play and perform, we are a soft touch - i said this to my missus before the game, they arent that good so far this season, but we will do our damdest to ensure they get the chance to shine and play, and they will play like prime Barcelona, mark my words i said! - quell surprise.

Im lost as to what the coaching team are up to.

So many wrongs, the ref saw the situation perfectly and didn't give a penalty, VAR goes in wrongly, it's not clear and obvious, then if a penalty is given the rebound shouldnät count.

But, it doesn't matter when we play so utterly bad, I think the players looked fired up, but the formation lets us down. Arteta just goes 4-4-2 so they have 2 players against 1 on the wings, it's school book stuff. Need to change right away. We have no build up play what so ever with 3 t the back. Everything is so wrong with that formation. 

Shocking performance. Hope he doesn't just swap bailey for targett - cash didn't get a touch... needs formation change. If watkins wasn't getting spanked by gabriel I'd take ings off... but instead ollie off, tz off, bailey + sanson... maybe even ings for archer tbh as ings runs like an octogenarian. 

That’s as bad a half as vs Watford. 

Management are to blame, but no one is stepping up and the basics are poor. The two up top is just not working, I have seen nothing in 8ngames to suggest there is a spark of hope. Three at the back loses a progressive offensive player, so coupled with two clueless static forwards we are terrible. Our defence was our strength last season, why f*ck with it?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Again, our inability to retain, generate or maintain any kind of possession is on display.

For me I'd have Bailey and Nakamba on for Buendia and Watkins.

They've been the poorest two for me, Buendia just shades it. Watkins getting booked after a minute told you all you needed to know about tonight sadly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB said:

Neville bang on - that performance and hesitancy to change the slightest thing was disturbing. 

The same Gary who doesn’t have the balls to say it’s not a pen so says we deserve it to losing by more so the pen is somehow ok. 
He’s a **** clown, there’s a reason why he was such a failure as a manager. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Look at what VAR chose to show the ref though, fixed, other way round and the other view is used, games gone.

I actually thought it was a 50:50 decision and thus the ref should not have changed his mind. Arsenal though should have been at least 3 or 4 up so it’s not that unjust 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

At the game. Even worse in person. This is Smith out for me tbh. So flat. Literally gave nothing. They’re all awful except Martinez 

Been meaning to say I haven’t heard the away fans all game. Hiding under their seats? 

• Like 1

Just now, Big Salad said:

In all seriousness gents that half has me worried about our current mental state. Just look so disinterested and not into the game at all.I understand probably be a let down after what happened against Wolves but we really need to man up and get over it if thats the case.

I legit was wondering if something happened in the locker room...  a few weeks back seemed like they were thick as thieves...  now a lot of pointing/arguing and absolutely zero cohesion.  It's just weird.  I know Everton was banged up when we played them....  but just night and day from a month ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Big Salad said:

In all seriousness gents that half has me worried about our current mental state. Just look so disinterested and not into the game at all.I understand probably be a let down after what happened against Wolves but we really need to man up and get over it if thats the case.

I often say you rarely get all 11 players on top of there game. But all other things being equal - you rarely get 10 out of 11 playing so poorly. 

• Like 2