Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

I’m reluctant to criticise a player, especially when we’ve been decent, but Cash is seeing a lot of the ball wide right and doing next to nothing with it. Relying on defenders as our main attacking outlet holding us back IMO. Hope this ages badly. 

Been really impressed with Buendia, though. 

• Like 1

Just now, JB said:

I’m reluctant to criticise a player, especially when we’ve been decent, but Cash is seeing a lot of the ball wide right and doing next to nothing with it. Relying on defenders as our main attacking outlet holding us back IMO. Hope this ages badly. 

It's just you very rarely create overloads on the wings when you play 5 atb which was how we mainly attacked the last 2 seasons. 

I think the only way to change this without a substitution is suck it up and put Watkins on the left and Emi on the right of a front three and match their back line. Alternatively get Watkins and Ings to split and let Buendia press up the middle. Their out ball is too easy.

Just now, JB said:

I thought Cash has been playing well. He’s def got his work cut out. I think it’s more a formation problem as we can’t lean on Cash right be our main playmaker which is pretty much the case right now. 

• Like 2