Midweek Football 27/30 September

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah, 20 years ago it would have been Charlton vs Ispwich or something. How times have changed. (Also in my head 20 years ago is like 1991, then I realized it's really 2001 wtf).

Ha good point, it was 24 years ago Brighton sent Hereford down I think. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Still only one win for Palace. They will still struggle despite the promising changes made 

5 below them havent won yet, they need keep them points ticking over

They are 4 points down from this time last season 🤔

15 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

As a rule of thumb, I love when opposition clubs draw with one another. Sucks a point out of the league table and no one catches up or accelerates away too quickly. Nil-nils are best but one-ones will do.

Agreed but what's the relevance here?

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

4 former Villans in the squads for PSG v Man City.

And 2 in the starting 11s. I read that this games is the most expensive two teams to ever play each other. Total cost 2.05 Billion. 

You could buy Nottingham Forest for 50m and have 2 Billion left over and you would still have 2 European Cups more that City and PSG have between them 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

“You can’t afford to give the ball away at this level”

Wow Lee, insightful stuff.

Edit: I’m gonna leave it up, but I think I’ve just confused Jermaine Jeans for Lee Dixon. The reason I’m leaving it up is because who gives a **** really

Edited by a m ole
  • Haha 2

For my money they just don't play it quickly enough to Grealish. We would get to him fast and get the defence retreating on their heels - he could then drive at them.

He always has the ball with the opposition in their shape when he plays for City. I think he doesn't look his best this way.

Â