Midweek Football 27/30 September

andykeenan

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

For my money they just don't play it quickly enough to Grealish. We would get to him fast and get the defence retreating on their heels - he could then drive at them.

He always has the ball with the opposition in their shape when he plays for City. I think he doesn't look his best this way.

Their team is like a Christmas tree with too many decorations on it.  

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

For my money they just don't play it quickly enough to Grealish. We would get to him fast and get the defence retreating on their heels - he could then drive at them.

He always has the ball with the opposition in their shape when he plays for City. I think he doesn't look his best this way.

Yeah, you’ll rarely see the very best of Jack the way City play but he will also be very good at playing their system. Maybe when the chips are down they’ll start to look for him early.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

“You can’t afford to give the ball away at this level”

Wow Lee, insightful stuff.

Edit: I’m gonna leave it up, but I think I’ve just confused Jermaine Jeans for Lee Dixon. The reason I’m leaving it up is because who gives a **** really

Well it’s Martin Kewon but well who cares

• Haha 2

It just feels like Man City need a strong no9 to make runs and win balls in the middle. What's the point of getting it out wide to Grealish and Mahrez if they can't deliver it to anyone.

It literally looks like they are playing with 10 men.

Just now, a m ole said:

You’re right, that’s incredible and I wasn’t joking. Turned the volume up and I can tell is Keown now. Might as well be Jonny Norflondon.

Martin Keown the man who said on MOTD at the weekend that Aubameyang was following in the footsteps of Thierry Henry 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

It just feels like Man City need a strong no9 to make runs and win balls in the middle. What's the point of getting it out wide to Grealish and Mahrez if they can't deliver it to anyone.

It literally looks like they are playing with 10 men.

And not Harry Kane. The obvious one is Haaland, they’d be Galacticos level with him.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

You’re right, that’s incredible and I wasn’t joking. Turned the volume up and I can tell is Keown now. Might as well be Jonny Norflondon.

Keown is a self aggrandizing drony old bore. There are so many podcasters out there who offer infinitely more insight into football.

• Like 1

Â