Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/21 at 22:59

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Reading the post match discussion thread on redcafe. Not disappointed. Need some popcorn

It’s far more rationale and fair minded from what I’ve seen than OGS’ reaction- the general consensus is that we deserved to win. It tells you something when the manager is more childish in their reaction to a loss than the online fan base as it’s typically the other way round (certainly is for us!) 

Looking at manager like OGS makes me pretty happy with have Dean. Honest in defeat, reasonable in victory. 
I’ve said this from day 1. OGS was an unqualified appointment to keep the fans onside. He has spent a fortune and won nothing. He miles out of his depth and I hope he stays at United for life! 

• Like 1

Almost had tears in my eye after the final whistle blew i was shocked stunned and delighted too many emotions, the one thing in life i ask for and got 😝... well overdue we need to beat these lot more often its far too rare , then i seen matty cash back in the city at a party and his response and humbleness when i congratulated him saying to him you’ve made my year was just pure class he was full of smiles and told me he was still buzzing

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 4

No wonder they have so many shots ..

"You're in their half ? Shoot!! you see the keeper? shoot!! you're facing the goal from the corner flag ? Shoot!!! You're in the tunnel after the game? Yep you guessed it Shoot!!!!"

Amazing tactics.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Great to end that horrendous record against Utd. I know this may be perceived as arrogant, but no club should have those kinds of records against Villa. Full credit to Dean Smith & the team. 

It was even horrendous before the 2009 win because before that one it was 26 years before a win at old trafford 😱 so this 12 year run without a win there isn’t so bad 😂 and as for us beating them at VP its worst because that still remains 26 years when we beat them in 1995 woeful record

2 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I think this is all the explanation you need. Great insight into clueless ole’s tactics 

I'm no Ole fan, but to be fair he would have learnt a bit since then. An I can remember us all creaming over this footage when he nearly came to us. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I think this is all the explanation you need. Great insight into clueless ole’s tactics 

He's a Norwegian Steve Bruce. Clueless and massively out of his depth. I love it. 

11 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Great to end that horrendous record against Utd. I know this may be perceived as arrogant, but no club should have those kinds of records against Villa. Full credit to Dean Smith & the team. 

Not arrogant at all your 100% right no team should especially against us

1 hour ago, AXD said:

Did OGS suggest martinez deserved a yellow for the penalty build-up? For what exactly? 

for doing things that only Manure and the scum 6 are allowed to do, the lowly Villa and other similar teams arent allowed to do such things you know, its not fair to the scum 6.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm no Ole fan, but to be fair he would have learnt a bit since then. An I can remember us all creaming over this footage when he nearly came to us. 

Yep, I remember that. To be fair, it was a penalty, or at least, the Match Thread would've crashed with the level of anger trying to be articulated had we not been given the same decision at the other end. The goal was definitely not offside, but Leicester got done the week before with a very similar situation, which was the point OGS was making, essentially.

Edited by AvonVillain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AXD said:

Did OGS suggest martinez deserved a yellow for the penalty build-up? For what exactly? 

I think he was implying that we, and martinez in particular, were time wasting. For me it’s just the hallmarks of a bad loser; sometimes you lose and you have to examine yourself, there’s no point crying about it. It’s exactly what I would tell my son; you can just expect life to let you win every time! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Anyone got an idea why Ollie didn't celebrate the goal? He seemed actually pissed off.

Ollie quite often doesn't get carried away celebrating - he is usually then focusing on what comes next, which in this game required everybody to get their heads around the pressure that was going to come in the final minutes from Man U, the crowd and ...erm...the officials!

There was a classic example in Ollie's Brentford days about his 'focus on what comes next'.  Benrahma had grazed the post with an outrageous acrobatic effort, the commentators were in raptures 'goal of the season if it had gone in' etc. Whilst Benrahma was sat there admiring his effort and wondering how it hadn't gone in Ollie ran over to him, pulled him to his feet effectively saying 'get up, we've got an opposition goal kick to defend'

PS as someone who has only really followed Villa for a year I was amazed how the pre-match thread had got the game correctly scripted..until Fernandes missed! I hope those who put money on United getting a penalty bet on it being awarded, not on United *scoring* a penalty!

• Like 3

@alreadyexistsyeah maybe time wasting was a deliberate part of Martinez's antics, taking up as much time as possible to make it a long build-up for Fernandes and thereby increasing the pressure on him?

The other thing from Martinez, playing mind games with Fernandes and distracting him by asking Ronaldo loudly why he wasn't taking it, could perhaps be called unsporting behaviour but I don't know if a yellow card can be given for that... Lots of keepers have used mind games before a pen over the years, in one way or an other.

Edited by robby b

Â