Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/21 at 22:59

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Olle is furious apparently and our goal was offside?? 

Tbh, it's a tough one. As we line up the corner Watkins is in what would be an offside position and is interfering with De Gea. But the ball is played backwards so he can't possibly be offside.

When Hause heads it, De Gea has pushed himself clear, and Watkins is still in an offside position but no longer in De Gea's eyeline, but he's still reaching back and they're only just detangling from each other. Is this interfering with play? I'd certainly feel a little peeved if it was the other way around Not going to shed any tears after the decisions they've got against us over the years, but I think we got away with one here.

1nSvoqP.png

A tiny fraction of a second before:

TAOgAAw.png

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with that goal, watching it on the highlights Watkins is not in his line of sight at all. De Gea has a clear view of the header, it was just too good a header from Hause that it was past him before he could react. Ole must be feeling the pressure to come out with such rubbish. 

There were plenty of decisions going Utd’s way in that game.

Absolutely ecstatic, delighted and buzzing ... feel like im dreaming ... did we really beat united today and i was there to witness it.. albeit sitting with the home fans 🤦🏽‍♂️ ... unreal day and will treasure these moments for life .. come on VILLA!!!! 😆

3 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I don’t want to talk about Mike Dean but his performance was described today in one passage of play. Great tackle by McGinn then great tackle by Cash and Watkins is running at their central defensive. Dean gives a foul for some imaginary offence. Won’t be mentioned on any commentary but took away a very dangerous attack from Villa. 

To be fair, on DAZN the commentator said it exactly like you said it.

They also said that Maguire was lucky not to be sent off when McGinn headed it past him.

• Like 1

Just watched the game. Fantastic performance - so proud of the boys. I was thinking with about 10 minutes to go how great we'd played, and was telling myself to remember that when we inevitably make one mistake and get punished. However, to get the win was **** brilliant.

I've actually defended Mike Dean on here recently but he was a disgrace today.

The fans, as ever, were amazing too.

McGinn unbelievable and leading by example. If you're playing a high energy game with commitment and desire, he's exactly the guy you want as the heartbeat. Dougie was brilliant next to him and a great delivery for the corner. Ings kept running, Watkins was frustrating but we mustn't overlook the hard work he constantly puts in and did so today, and the guys at the back were incredibly well organised. Martínez fantastic and yet another unflappable leader. The boss.

Again, so proud of everything about this club right now. UTV.

• Like 4

Just watched it back and i am so so proud . The 28 shots from united made me feel like it might have been backs to the wall but the reality was Martinez was never troubled to a huge degree. 

We controlled the game in and out of possession. We followed the tactics to the letter that were laid out for the players . 

We had a goalkeeper that is intelligent enough to play mind games with Fernandes and add to the pressure of having Ronaldo watching on. 

We should have won by more With a bit more luck but the win was anything but lucky. Fully deserved . 

MOTM Luiz and McGinn

9s for everyone else because they play as a team so deserve to be marked as a team. 

Smiling ear to ear baby !!!!

• Like 1

Â